17

Ghost Soldiers;

Chen Ming touched the back of his head, which was swollen after being hammered, and stopped smiling. With resignation he said, “Not a fox demon or a fox spirit, she is a human being.”

“But… how do you explain her tail?” Zhou Nan looked at the woman tentatively , and sure enough he met with a cold gaze. He shuddered and quickly avoided her eyes.

“Her ancestors had a close relationship with local fox spirits , and they had made contract for generations…” Before he finished his words, Chen Ming saw that she turned around and was about to leave. He grabbed the liquor and shook the bottle, saying in a polite tone,” Oh! You are leaving already? Don’t you want to drink with me? ”

“I wish you were drunken and dizzy, bumped your head on the pit and died beside it .”

The curse sent chills down Zhou Nan’s spine, while Chen Ming didn’t give a shit, laughing, “Believe me, you’ll miss me if I’m dead.”

The woman had already left the room, and they didn’t know whether she heard it. Anyway, she didn’t give any response.

After confirming that she was gone, Zhou Nan couldn’t help but mutter, “She’s so grumpy.”

“This is the tigress I told you about. She really is.”

Zhou Nan gasped in shock and felt glad that he was still alive. In the meantime, he was indignant, “Do I have a grudge against her? She became so irritable as soon as she saw me.”

“It’s normal.” Chen Ming said calmly, “Her name is Hu Yuelan, her whole family were butchered by ghost soldiers. So whether you are, a ghost lackey, a wild ghost or whatever, she hates it to the core when she sees anything related to the Underworld appears on the Earth.”

Ghost soldiers? The whole family? Zhou Nan subconsciously glanced in the direction Hu Yuelan left.

Maybe it was because of the influence of alcohol. Before Zhou Nan asked, Chen Ming naturally continued, “The Underworld is to be blamed. A few decades ago, the token for dispatching ghost soldiers was stolen and brought to the Earth. It is still unfound now. The token is really formidable. If you have it, you can summon 80 thousand ghost soldiers at a time. Wherever they go, not a singe living thing can survive. That was how hundreds of lives of Hu Yuelan’s family and fox spirits vanished into thin air in a flash.”

Zhou Nan was shocked with his mouth wide open, and for a minute he suspected Chen Ming was drunk and talked nonsense, “Then… why didn’t you interfere with it?”

“How could I? I’m just a nobody among ghost hunters. With my little tricks, I can handle at most those ferocious ghosts of low level.” Chen Ming bitterly smiled and shook his head, poured half a glass of liquor for himself and teased, “Let us talk about something straight ahead, for example, shall you pay for the broken door?”

The topic changed so quickly. After all, it was money that the miser always cared most.

“How should I pay you? With paper money?” Zhou Nan floated to Chen Ming’s side, grabbed the glass and scolded, “Stop drinking!”

Chen Ming glanced at him, a little surprised, but soon he frowned and said, “None of your business.” He reached out to snatch the glass, but his movements slowed down because of alcohol.

With this chance, Zhou Nan took away the remaining half a bottle of liquor from the table and flew into the air, with his back against the ceiling, “Don’t be so childish! Go take a shower and sleep!”

Being alone and unrestrained for long, Chen Ming felt inexplicably agitated when a ghost coming out of nowhere commented on his lifestyle. He took another empty bottle and tossed it towards Zhou Nan. The bottle was way off the target, so it was easily dodged. Zhou Nan, shrinking his neck, watched the bottle shatter against the ceiling and the shards fall with crackling.

“Chen Ming, stop it!”

“You… come over here!” Chen Ming staggered to his feet, forgetting about using spells. He planned to teach the ghost a lesson face-to-face. He reached out to grab Zhou Nan’s ankle. The height of the room was merely two meters and there was not much room, so Zhou Nan was easily caught.

Zhou Nan was dragged straight down to the ground before he could vanish. He was stunned by such a sudden move. At the moment, he instinctively raised his hands in the air to keep the glass and bottle as far away as possible. Then, he felt himself pinned down to the ground.

The liquor in the glass almost spilled, and the last few drops were slowly rolling down the glass.

“Hey you… get off me! Forget it! I won’t let you drink it!” Although Zhou Nan had foreseen his attempt to be unsuccessful, he still made his last struggles. He cried with his eyes closed for a long time before he realized that Chen Ming did nothing. Zhou Nan plucked up the courage to slightly open his eyes, only to find Chen Ming resting both hands on the ground beside his head and staring fixedly at him.

Zhou Nan was enchanted by the deep-set eyes and stopped crying.

Somehow, they were in a strange position now.

Chen Ming slowly bent his arms and gradually approached. Hot breath with smell of alcohol was puffed on Zhou Nan’s face and he felt itching. Then he felt like a century had past, and gradually lost focus in his eyes. He turned his face away and asked softly as if pleading, “Chen… Chen Ming…” He subconsciously compressed his lips.

Unexpectedly but reasonably, Chen Ming stopped. He raised his eyebrows, seemingly surprised by his own actions. But he quickly came to himself. Then he leaned forward, grabbed the bottle, stood up and pulled away, heading towards the bed while lifting his head and taking a gulp of liquor.

Chen Ming said nothing.

Zhou Nan got up from the ground. Seeing Chen Ming lying face down on the bed, he sighed with relief and an inexplicable sense of loss.