Self Care

[Messages]

I fucking hate you

-

ɪ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ.

OH THANK GOD

ARE THEY OKAY

ʏᴇᴀʜ

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴋᴀʏ, ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀ ʙɪᴛ

ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ᴠᴇ ᴇᴀᴛᴇɴ ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴡᴇᴇᴋ

ᴏʀ ꜱʜᴏᴡᴇʀᴇᴅ

oh my god tell them im sorry please oh my god oh my god

ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ

wdym wdym

ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜱᴇᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ ꜱᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴅɪꜱꜱᴏᴄɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ ᴅᴏ

ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ɪɴ ꜱʜᴏᴄᴋ ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴛᴜᴇꜱᴅᴀʏ

ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʙʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ

ʜᴏʟʏ ꜱʜɪᴛ ʙʀʙ

[Real Life]

Eyeless Jack

-

   '(Y/N)? Shit,' He had called out into the dim room. It stank of body odor, but had been mostly overpowered by the harsh smell of fear. Judging from the pungency alone, they had been in that room alone for at least a week. Quickly shuffling through the window, he reached around for the light switch, revealing a shell of a person lying in their bed. '

   'Peeling the bedcovers from their frail body, he could see that they had gotten dangerously thin, and touching them brought no response. He would have assumed they were dead if it weren't for the faint heartbeat he heard in their chest, crying out for someone to save them. Lifting them into a sitting position, he watched as their hair clung to their head from neglect and pressure, their head unmoving. Their eyes were glazed over, clearly somewhere else. Their lips were softly parted, jaw limp. '

   'They were in their winter coat, both of their scarves loosely on top of their head, with one of the ends around their neck. It had a brown plaid-diamond pattern, with bright yellow squares in the center of the occasional pale brown square. The darker stripes were interrupted by occasional, thin white stripes, breaking up the pattern. The top was just a simple, deep red plaid.'

   'Their door was just slightly open, not at all helping the lack of circulation in the musty room. Jack wouldn't be shocked if at least somewhere in this room, mold had popped up. Dried muddy footprints similar in shape to a dogs, but larger and elongated had littered the room, trailing to their bed and back out the door. Quickly propping the window he had come through open again, trying to fan clean air into the room, he dashed towards the ajar door to see...' 

   ...Glass strewn all over the floor, the glass sliding door in the living room smashed open, a small puddle of blood on the floor leading out into the snow before quickly dissipating. Everything else in the living room had been shockingly untouched, a rotting pile of dishes in the sink with a foul smell coming out of the fridge. The carpet had been ruined by those same muddy footprints all over the place, some fresher than others. They had circled around by the door a few times, shown by some of the footprints crossing over the others, an almost fresh one right by the doorstep, drying.

   A pile of rotting meat was situated right by the door, cleanly piled up like laundry. The one on the very top had some weird charred spots, as if it were run over by a truck. Little bits of fur peeked through every once in a while, and a similar, but different paw print to the footsteps was placed on the wall nearby, smearing slightly; instead of mud, it had been in blood, probably from the pile of flesh.

   Sighing, Jack shook his head and searched for (Y/N)'s closet, successfully finding a dustpan and broom. Making his way back into the living room, he quickly began sweeping up the broken glass into the dustpan, being careful to put the shards in a neat pile just to the left of the outside of the glass door. Around 15 minutes later, many of the sharper and smaller shards had been cleaned up and strewn into the pile outside, with the rest haphazardly pushed into a larger pile in the corner to be cleaned up later.

   Picking up the top two pieces of the meat stack by the bedroom door, Jack pushed the glass door open using his foot, throwing the rotting meat into the forest behind (Y/N)'s house, grateful that the stinkers were out of the house. Going back inside to repeat the process, Jack was interrupted on his second trip through the door by a lanky figure clumsily crawling through a divot in the underbrush, a large piece of meat in its mouth. Initiating a staring contest, the two black-eyed creatures uselessly grumbled at each other, failing to scare off the other. Taking a step forward, The Rake scampered away as Jack threw the meat at it, pissed. 'Must've made a den in (Y/N)'s house or something. Probably thought they were easy prey.' 

   Tossing out the rest of the meat, Jack made his way back into (Y/N)'s bedroom, delighted to see that they seemed a bit more in touch with reality. Their head had turned to look out the open window, tilted slightly. Their mouth had stayed open, the quiet sound of dry heaving audible only to Jack's delicate ears. Walking over to their side, Jack carefully put a hand on their shoulder.

   (Y/N) slowly turned their head to look into his eye sockets, as he had left his mask on the kitchen table while cleaning out the glass. Their sullen cheeks instantly broke Jack's heart, horrified that he let his sister-figure get this bad. Their chapped lips suddenly began to move, and their croaky voice rang out. 

   "Jack, am I real?"

   Stunned by the question, he froze, pondering. What kind of mental torment had they gone through on their own over the week they had been left alone?

   Don't get him wrong, when he left them alone, he thought it would be a a healthy break. Ben had run to him after (Y/N) had left their phone on the pavement, concerned. He hadn't run after them, of course, because he thought it would be an invasion of privacy and a bit too much. He had gotten progressively more worried as the week went on, as (Y/N) hadn't been spotted exiting their house once on security cameras across the street.

   So, on day 7 of no (Y/N) sightings, Jack decided to investigate.

         He should've come earlier.