[178]POST BREAK UP - Feb 3 2022

"I made dinner.. eat if you want or throw it" Jimin says washing his plates after he senses that his roommate was back in the apartment

"Jimin ah..." Jungkook's broken voice makes Jimin finally look at the man who came back home after a week's stay in Busan for his parent's wedding anniversary"....grandma wants to see you...she misses you.."

Jimin sighs "Jungkook... I can't just call her like I used to.."

"Please..." Jungkook nearly pleads

"I'm sorry..." Jimin shakes his head as he walks past Jungkook to get to his room "...Jungkook, you know I can't act nor lie, especially when it comes to your grandma..we broke up already. It's been two weeks now..."

**

Jimin and Jungkook were neighbors in Busan. Jimin was 2 years Jungkook's senior. They weren't close until the younger boy jumped grades and into Jimin's class after his outstanding performances in his classes. The two soon interact, with Jimin having to look out for Jungkook since Jimin's and Jungkook's grandmother asked him to. They still never really hang out together but after they both got into college, slowly feelings developed and they dated, even going as far as to move in together as a live in couple. Their families were happy about the same.

Currently the two had been dating for about 4 years when Jimin suddenly breaks up with the man due to Jungkook's constant possessiveness and jealousy towards Jimin's best friend and now colleague Taehyung. Taehyung was Jimin's best friend since high school and the two separated when they left for college but reunited when they both ended up working in the same company.

"I can't keep fighting with you like this Jungkook! It hurts! It bl**dy fcking hurts to be looked down by my own boyfriend! Don't you trust me Jungkook?!" Jimin finally has it. He couldn't handle Jungkook's distrust in him

Jungkook was surprised at the boy's outburst. Jimin was usually soft spoken.

"Jiminah... I..."

"Enough! I had it with you! You know very well that Taehyung has always been my best friend since my school days and he fcking has 2 boyfriends who proposed to him already! He isn't a cheater nor am I!" Jimin's eyes fill up with angry tears "...I just .. I just wished you trusted me..." Jimin's defected sigh makes Jungkook's heart clench in fear and sadness

"Jiminah... baby..." Jungkook draws closer to the boy but stops when Jimin clearly states what he wants

"Let's break up!"

And with that Jimin walks into the guest room, leaving a shocked Jungkook in the living room

**

If you ask me why they are still living together after the break up it's because they both paid two months rent in advance and neither of them felt it fair to ask the other to leave nor find another place. They liked the other's presence and wouldn't dare want to stay away even though they were no longer lovers.

Jungkook tried his best to make amends and change himself in the first week after their break up but Jimin avoided him. To give the boy some space and time, Jungkook goes to his family home to celebrate his parent's anniversary. It was there that grandma Jeon insisted on meeting Jimin. Jimin would often call her every week.

Grandma Jeon was nearly 90 years old and Jungkook didn't feel it right to tell her the truth and so he didn't.

Now back home, he tries to convince Jimin to meet his grandma next week for her birthday but the boy refuses.

**

"Halmeoni..." Jungkook sighs trying to convince the old lady on the phone "...Jimin loves you of course...he is..." Jungkook is quiet for a second "...he is just busy with work..."

"I don't want to hear anything! I miss my mochi baby! I'm sure you did something to make him sad and that's why he isn't calling me nor coming to my birthday!"

"Halmeoni...." Jungkook sighs yet again. He is struggling with his white lies when he feels someone suddenly grabbing his phone

"Halmeoni!" Jimin says excited "...is Jungkook pranking you again? Of course I'm coming... how can I miss your 90th birthday!"

Soon

"Thank you..." Jungkook smiles gratefully

"I just did it for grandma" Jimin walks away

At least he still cares - Jungkook smiles walking into his room

**

The following week

After the major celebrations, grandma Jeon asks Jimin to join her in her room

"Halmeoni...you called?" Jimin sits next to her when she pats her bed

"You guys are fighting aren't you?" She asks catching Jimin off guard

Jimin and Jungkook had been acting their best to show their families that the two were happy together.

"The pain .. the longing in both your eyes despite living together tells me that something is wrong..."

"No ..halmeoni..." Jimin says only to be interrupted by her

"I didn't live 90 years for nothing... I understand when things go wrong..." she pulls a box from her night stand drawer and shows Jimin the contents

Jimin's eyes widened seeing the box filled with paintings of his face - his school days as well as college. Jimin's heart picks up pace when he sees letters similar to the ones he had gotten in his locker from his secret admirer for a month before it stopped

"W-What...who..."

"Jungkook..." she smiles

"W-What?" Jimin's eyes widen

"Jungkook liked you from when he was in the 8th grade and he worked his ass off to jump two grades..." she chuckles lovingly "...he then started writing you letters to make you smile ever since he noticed that you had been upset and he continued doing so till he saw you with Taehyung... he thought you guys were together..." Jimin's eyes water as he caresses the unsent letters to his chest

"...he has been in love with you even before he knew what love really was..." she looks at Jimin lovingly, caressing his hands "...I know he can be cold sometimes,arrogant and rude but that's only because he loves you so damn much... he cares about you and he is just afraid that you would leave him... leave him for someone like Taehyung who makes you smile...." Jimin's tears fall "...he is insecure because he thinks you deserve better..." grandma reaches out to wipe Jimin's tears "...please be patient with him.... I know you love him too... please forgive him if he had ever hurt you..."

"He didn't.... not intentionally at least.. I'm the one that hurt him.... excuse me..." Jimin says rushing to Jungkook's childhood room

Later

Jimin and Jungkook stand in the balcony as they talk

"I'm really sorry..." Jungkook sighs looking sideways at the boy "....I just didn't want to lose you again..." Jimin looks at him confused "...Taehyung was your unofficial boyfriend at school... your soulmate... and now he is your colleague at work and that hurt... hurt to see him make you smile so easily than I ever could... I know I'm not good..."

Jimin shuts the man up by pulling him into a sweet kiss

"I'm sorry too for not understanding your state of mind ...I love you Jungkook... you have no idea how much... I thought I would never see my secret admirer again... I missed him, he made my school days happier even if it was only for a month, I needed those encouraging words - it was one of the worst days in my life, hearing that I wasn't eligible to participate in the dance scholarship because I had injured my knee the previous week and Taehyung was also not in town and I am so glad that the person was with me all along...." Jimin cups the man's face "...I love you... let's make this relationship work ... let's do it together this time... with full trust and honesty...."

Jungkook smiles as he leans down to kiss the boy's forehead "...be mine forever?"

"Gladly... I love you Jungkook"

"I love you too Jimin"

The end

A/N: Please stream BTS songs 🎵 💜🙏