20

"Barry" yelled his dad

"What dad?"

"Please tell me it's not true. Please tell me you were not that stupid"

"So you heard? Why? What possessed you? How could you have been so stupid?"

"I'm not stupid dad. I did it because I loved her. I still do"

"Barry, don't say things like that"

"Why not? It's the truth"

"You are engaged now. Please don't say things like that"

"Even though I love someone else"

"Then why did you get engaged, if your adamant you love her?"

"I didn't want to. I wanted to wait for her. I would have waited for her forever, but you lot forced me. I only did it to keep you lot happy. But being engaged and getting married are two very different things"

"It's no use trying to explain anything to you. You won't listen. You are still caught up in her false love"

"DAD,STOP! Don't say one word against Caitlin. Her love wasn't and isn't fake"

"But did you have to make her the majority shareholder?"

"Yes I did. Because she's done a lot for me and this company"

"You would say that. Anything to justify the irresponsible decision you made"

"I don't have to. She believed in me and encouraged me not to give up, when things got tough. When no one else was believing in me. She invested her own money to keep the business going, because she believed in me and my vision"

"What did she ask for in return? To be named majority shareholder?"

"No she didn't ask for anything. I surprised her with this, on her birthday. I gave it to her, after everything she did for me and my horses"

"You will regret this one day"

"I haven't so far. And if she did anything to ruin it, it would be payback for everything you did. We were happy dad, and in love. Why did you have to ruin it?"

"You know everything. Do you really think that I would accept her as my daughter in law, after everything her dad did to me?"

"So you decided to ruin my life instead? Hurt your son, because of what happened between you, years ago? I'm your son dad, couldn't you be happy for me?"

"Barry, enough! I did what I had to do. Now no further questions"

Caitlin walked into the office 

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but if you two have stopped arguing, Barry I need your help"

"Sure thing. I'm sick of this conversation anyway"

Barry followed Caitlin into her office 

"So, what did you need my help with?"

"First of all, I want to say thank you Barry"

"For?"

"I heard some of the conversation. Thank you for defending me"

"I just said what was true. You believed in me when no one else did. You invested. You helped out a lot. The least that I could do, was make you a shareholder"

"I bet he took that really well"

"I don't care. I just have one request. Please don't do anything to ruin this business. I've put my everything into it"

"Do you honestly think so little of me?"

Barry smiled, "no. I know you. You would never do this"

"Stop it"

"Stop what? I'm not doing anything" said Barry innocently 

"Do you really think that if you smile at me, and say some sweet words, I'll fall back into your arms?"

"Is that what your thinking of, every time I smile at you?"

Caitlin screamed in frustration 

"Barry, your impossible"

"I know, that's why you love me"

Caitlin just stared at him

"Okay, so what are we going to do about you wanting to fall into my arms, every time I smile at you?"

"Get out"

"But?"

"Just go. Before I do or say something I regret"

"But you need help"

"I'll find someone else to help me. I can't be around you at this moment"

"Caitlin"

"Just go Barry!"

Caitlin collapsed into her chair. What was he doing to her?

 Caitlin took out their horse, and went riding. She felt free, and like she didn't have a care in the world. She got off, and looked around. The area hadn't changed much, it was still beautiful 

"He told me that I still love him. Do you know he's right? He's not mine anymore, so I can't say anything, but my love is still there. I've tried to bury it, because now he's not mine, but it refuses to go. I don't know what to do. Please help me" she told the horse 

The horse just nuzzled her. Caitlin fed and stroked it

"I'm glad that in all this time, you are the one thing that hasn't changed. Your still the same.

"I might have to leave. It's killing me even thinking about it. How will I cope seeing them together?"

The horse nuzzled her, as if it understood what she was saying, and comforting her

"You will take care of him for me, won't you?"

Caitlin turned to go when she saw Barry. She gasped. Had he heard her pouring her heart out? She got on the horse, preparing to leave, when Barry stepped on her way

"Move Barry. I need to go"

"Go. I'm not stopping you. If you want to leave, you have to go through me"

Caitlin got off the horse

"Why are you being so difficult?"

She turned to leave, but Barry held her hand

"I know"

Duff duff duff. As always, feedback appreciated