Chapter 23

Sana's POV

The next day I walked to the kitchen and found Richard cooking nuggets for a very excited Hyori, she had a napkin on the collar of the shirt and she was wiggling her feet.

He'd bake it and let it cool and he'd give it to her, she'd eat half of it and she'd throw the rest to the dog.

"Good morning Richard" I said, he turned to me with a big smile on his face.

"Ah Sana, join us" I sat on the chair and just looked at him do what makes him happy as he puts it.

"Ehm Richard?"

"Hmm"

"Aren't you worried?" He sighed and put the fork down looking at me, it's the first time I see him so serious.

"Sana, she's the strongest kid I've ever met. She went through a bomb explosion and she survived. I mean it did leave her scarred but she's alive. That's what matters, she's fighting. My daughter is a fighter" I wish someone believed in me like this father believed in his daughter. I can see in his eyes the dedication and the love, but all I saw my whole life is disappointment and sorrow.

"I just want her back Richard" I whispered with tears threatening to fall. I was holding them in so Hyori won't suspect anything and ask me about it.

"Don't worry, she said she's found the one the last time I spoke with her on the phone" he patted my shoulder and picked up Hyori again.

"Sweetheart?!" The person with the most annoying voice said,

"Yes Elina?" She came into view and was stunned with me sitting on her daughter's kitchen chair. She scrunched her face like she smelled something nasty and turned to look at her husband.

"Nothing, I was just looking for you" she said still standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

"Oh I had to make this little bean some chicken nuggets" her face lost it's color and she looked like she's seen a ghost.

"Put. Her. Down" she said between gritted teeth, he sighed and just put Hyori down. He whispered something in her ear and she smiled walking next to me.

"Come on momma, Richard said we can go see Tzuyu now" she pulled me out of the kitchen. See Tzuyu?

"Yep, she's not awake yet. We just wanna check on her. Right Hyori?" Chaeyoung said opening the front door.

"But Chaeyoung don't you think it's early for Hyori to see her?" I whispered to her, she shook her head negatively and opened the car door. Well I guess we should tell her before it's too late.

At the hospital, Hyori was so quiet. Like she's been thinking the whole time in that little brain of hers. She walked next to Tzuyu's bed and tried to get on it but she was too small so Chaeyoung helped her up. She took her shoes and handed them to Chaeyoung who looked confused but still took them from her. And what she did next made both our hearts swell, she laid her head on Tzuyu's chest and gently cuddled her side so she won't hurt her.

"I miss you Tzuyu" Hyori said softly, to our surprise the monitor started beeping a little faster. Which meant her heart was beating faster than usual.

"Oh my god"

Chaeyoung left to get the nurse and came back running, Chaeyoung explained to her that Tzuyu's heartbeats have picked up.

"Sometimes the patient can hear their surroundings" she explained, so she can hear me.

"Chaeyoung can I have some time alone with her, please" she nodded and pulled Hyori with her. I sat on the edge of the bed and held her hand.

"My dear Tzuyu..." I squeezed her hand gently, her scars were visible, the ones on her face and neck. I leaned and softly kissed her cheek.

"I didn't have the time to thank you for saving my life, I- I was too busy being mad at you to realize you had your reasons... I pushed you away and that was one of my biggest regrets..."

"I- I lo-..." I sighed, and got up I can't just spill my feelings to her, what tells me that she'll wake up one day. How would I know?! I wiped my tears kissing her bruised knuckles and left her in that deep slumber.