1

Daniella Michaels had a bright smile plastered on her face the entire time as she enjoyed the farewell party Red Bull Racing hosted for her. She spent the entire evening chatting and saying goodbye to the racing team since she is joining the rival team for next season.

"Your last day in Red Bull," Max Verstappen approached her with a smile on his face and a drink for her in his hand. "How does it feel?" he handed her the drink.

"I am not sure," Daniella replied honestly. "I am going to miss most of the people here, especially you," she looked at Max, the last part made his smile bigger. "But I don't regret my decision."

"Well..if it makes you feel any better, you are the best teammate I have ever had," Max confessed as he comfortably leaned at the wall.

"I know," Daniella playfully rolled her eyes. "And I think I am also the best-looking one."

"No arguments there," Max agreed before finishing his drink. He smiled behind the glass as he saw Daniella's eyes lit up.

Christian Horner took the mic and said a speech thanking Daniella for her contribution to the team and performance and also winning the championship. Everyone clapped as the speech ended.

The mic was next handed to Max who gladly took it.

"Don't embarrass me," Daniella whispered into his ears.

"Never," he teased a smirk, making Daniella doubts his word.

***

Daniella smiled at the camera as it followed her as she made her way inside the building. She was feeling both nervous and excited as a new journey just started.

"Welcome to Mercedes," Toto Wolff gave her a warm smile and shook her hand. "This is your new home."

"I am so nervous," Daniella let out a laugh as she looked around.

"Don't be," Toto gave her an assuring look. "Everyone is already very excited to meet you. "Come on, let's give you a tour."

Daniella nodded as she followed Toto and the camera followed them.

Toto introduced Daniella to everyone they met on their way and she politely greeted them and shook their hands.

"I have never seen you so polite and nervous," Toto laughed as he had only seen Daniella in a confident and sassy manner.

"New people make me nervous," Daniella confessed. "One wrong impression and someone will spend the entire season making my life hell."

"Where is this nervousness when you first talked to me?" Toto asked and shot her a playful glare. "You never talked that politely to me."

"Because I didn't care what you think of me at that time," Daniella replied truthfully. "You can only imagine how nervous I was when I went back to you and asked if the seat was still available for me."

"I remember," Toto chuckled. "You were stuttering a lot."

***

"Stop it," Daniella tried to control her smile as she pushed Lewis out of the way as everyone in the room laughed.

Daniella is in her new Mercedes racing suit and having some photos taken for the upcoming season and promotional purposes and Lewis has been disturbing her, coming between her and the camera.

"She is so bossy," Lewis joked. "I can already see her bossing everyone around during the race weekends."

Daniella gasped dramatically as she playfully hit his arm.

"You are the one being mean and interrupting the shoot," she argued.

Lewis laughed and messed up her hair making her complain more. "I am telling Toto."

"Okay okay," Lewis put his hands up in surrender. "I am out of here."

**********

A/N: Not sure if I will be able to finish this book, might get writer's block or lose interest in writing, but until then...enjoy :)