Roommate

The bus ride took about 6 hours, but we finally arrive, the bus pulling up to this large building. We all grab our bags and get off the bus and I walk into the building with Maya. It's a large lobby, and I see there's 5 different tables set up, with the last names starting with A-E, F-K, L-Q, R-W, X-Z. I carry my bag on my shoulder as I walk over to the first table. As I wait in line I look around. This is definitely the biggest building I have ever been in. Before the biggest building was the grocery store only 5 miles down the road from home. It had a gorgeous chandelier with lovely crystals hanging from the ceiling. This whole place looks very expensive.
It's finally my turn and I walk up to the lady at the table. She has short black hair, and chocolate brown eyes, and was a little more on the heavier side.
"Name?"

"Amber." She raised her eyebrow at me.

"Everwood, sorry."

She checked down her list and took a highlighter and marked out my name. She then handed me a packet of paper and a room key. "Get settled in your room and read this over. It's the rules and regulations that the Alphas will expect you to follow. Be ready and dressed in nice attire and be down in the cafeteria by 2:00pm for lunch and meeting." We we're suppose to bring nice attire? Whoops.
I nod my head and take the items. I look at the key chain, room 204.

Dang, it would probably be helpful to know where the rooms are.

I walk around aimlessly for a little while, looking over the paper work. Suddenly I hear someone call my name.
"Amber!"
I look up to see Maya walking over with her paperwork. I smile as she waves her key in the air, her keychain saying room 204 as well. "Looks like we're gonna be roomies!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow," I said as I walked into our room. It was very neat and organized, while it had a very elegant yet darker color scheme, and a huge window to the side. There was 2 beds in the room while a small table with a lamp was between them.
"Wow indeed," Maya said as she enters the room. I look around, then become confused. "Um, where's the bathroom?"

"Oh it's down the hallway, we passed it on the way up."

Wow, I've become more oblivious than usual.

"Oh okay thanks. So which bed do you want?"

She shrugs. "I don't really care."

I smile and grab the bed closest to the window. I like being able to see out into the night.
I check the clock, 1:00pm. I sigh and begin looking through my bag. I swear I don't recall any paperwork telling me that I needed 'nice attire,' so I didn't bring any. Great. I decide on jeans and the best shirt that I brought; an off the shoulder pink shirt with a golden necklace. Maya looks over at the clothes I laid out and makes a face. "You're wearing that? I thought they said nice attire." I sigh. "This is the best I brought with me." Maya looks at me with a face like 'really?' Then shakes her head and goes into her bag, pulling out a simple yet elegant spaghetti strapped white dress that would stop right above my knees, and throws it at me. "Here, where this. I don't want you getting in trouble on the first day, I have shoes to go with it also," she smiles. My brow creases as I look at her. "Are you sure? I really don't mind wearing this." I point to my clothes. She shakes her head. "Nope you're wearing the dress, no if-ands-or buts about it! Besides, that dress is a little snug on me anyway, so it should fit you perfectly." I nod. "Thanks, really, I appreciate it." She smiles and goes back to her bag and pulls out a simple long red skirt and black tight fitting shirt.
We change into our clothes, I stick to the corner making sure that my mark is hidden from sight. I go back into my bag and pull out a brush to try and tame the beast on top of my head, deciding to just let the brown locks hang down to the middle of my back. Then I pull out what little makeup I wear, which mostly consists of mascara and a little eyeliner, and apply it. I then place everything back into my bag, deciding to unpack later since it was about 1:45pm now. I turn around and see Maya holding a pair of golden and white color 3 inch heels.
Heels? This girl's trying to kill me.
I reluctantly put the heels on, stand, walk about 5 feet before rolling my ankle and tumbling to the ground. "Shit," I mumbled as I rubbed my ankle, while Maya is silently dying in the corner from laughter. "Girl for a wolf you sure are clumsy! Here let me get you some flats," she says through her giggles. She hands me a pair of white and blue flats, and I slip them on. "Much better, thank you." I smile as I hand her back the heels.

We gather our things and head out the door, and down to the cafeteria.