Cell Fourteen

Chapter 23

Grayson and I have been spending a lot of time outside in the backyard. He's getting bigger now and needs to have more exercise.

And I do not exercise.

So we comprised by me sitting in the grass throwing his ball, while he runs around the yard.

"Are you working out again?" Alessio asks me as he sat down beside me. "Hard work." I agreed.

I've been meaning to ask Alessio about letting back into the jobs. I think it might help if I can actually leave the house sometimes.

"So I was thinking." I started.

"No." I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean? I didn't even say anything yet."

I leaned forward to see his face better, he's serious too.

"You don't have to say anything." He grabbed my face and kissed my forehead. "As I was saying—I was thinking about maybe going to some of the jobs again. You know, to get out the house sometimes."

I watched as his eyes scan over my face.

"sei bello." He said slightly smirking.

Sometimes I think I forget how deep his voice really is....

"You can come with me and the boys tonight on a job. That's it." He said as he grabbed the ball from Grayson and threw it across the yard.

That went better then I thought it would. Honestly I didn't think I was getting anything out of that.

"What is it?" He sighed and laid down on his back. "Picking up a small shipment and dropping it off."

"Why do you need so many people?" It seems excessive to have four people on a job with something so little. "We're dealing with explosives, Myana."

What did I get myself into...

"Go get ready." He said before pulling me onto him. "I can't get ready if you're holding me." He  tightened his arms around me as I straddled his lap. "Just wanted a hug".

He smacked my butt as he sat up with me on top of him. "Okay, go."

Blushing, I walked inside the house and watched from the kitchen window as he played with Grayson.

I knew he was a dog person.

I changed from my shorts into leggings and a black sweatshirt. I made sure my hair was out of my face by securing it with a hair clip.

"He's letting you come with us?" Sage asked as she came from the garage. "Yup." She smiled and handed me a water, "You'll need this. Alessio driving during these situations will make anyone feel like they'll throw up."

I don't understand how Sage can call someone else a bad driver when she's gotten 4 speeding tickets and her license almost revoked...

"Don't say it. I'm a great driver."

"Great? In what world?" Sante asked as he too came from the garage and plopped onto the couch. "I'm not speaking to you still."

He rolled his eyes and scrolled on his phone.

"You'll break eventually."

"Who's breaking?" Carmine asked. "Sage." Sante stated dryly. "You're still not speaking to my boy?" She shook her head, "Damn Te, you're striking out."

He sat up from the couch and yelled outside to Alessio.

"Alessio! We're here!" He came inside and grabbed his jacket from the rack. "Let's move."