CHAPTER 23. The Party

"I don't like this," I said for the millionth time as Fin and Dune cooked, making my home on the counter as they moved around.

  "I understand that you don't like parties, but we're having one anyway," Dune told me.

Fin nodded in agreement. "Besides, we've already bought everything, why wouldn't we have the party?"

I bit down on my lip as Fin stirred pasta salad, feeling nervous. I had a bad feeling, and the last time that happened, I was kidnapped by slave traders.

"Where did Fallon go? He's usually glued to your side," Dune asked as he checked the temperature of the chicken.

I sighed and leaned my head back, bumping into the wooden cupboard. "He's upstairs, Cross is making him blow up balloons,"

Dune snickered. "Are sure it's balloons he's blowing?"

My eyes snapped wide and Fin smacked Dune, not approving of the joke. I jumped off the counter and raced up the stairs, kicking the doors down until I found the pair.

Fallon was indeed blowing up balloons, but not any thing else. Cross raised an eyebrow at my rude entree, balloon between his lips, partially blown.

"I was just making sure you weren't forcing Fallon to suck your dick-" I paused as Cross's balloon flew out of his mouth and flew across the room until it ran out of air, landing on Fallon's head.

"What the fuck?!" Cross demanded, looking stunned and angry.

I raised my hands and sniffed. "Dune was the one who said it- Fallon!" I ran over and patted his back, the vampire boy seeming to be choking on air. "Are you okay?!"

As Fallon recovered from whatever had happened, I wasn't really sure, since vampires don't need to breathe to begin with, I stared at Cross, who glared at me.

"Dune said it," I repeated, and he scoffed going back to his balloons. I smiled at Fallon. "I need to go, call me if you need anything!" I told him and walked out, leaving the door open, just in case.

I ran down the stairs, ignoring River's shout not to run through the house, and slid into the kitchen. "Do you guys think I could escape the house during the party?"

Dune paused and looked over. "No, the party is to thank the police for helping you and Kayla, why would you leave?"

I huffed and glanced at Fin, who rolled his eyes and went back to frosting cupcakes. "Where's Kayla? Shouldn't she be helping?" I blurted.

"You're not helping either," River said from the doorway and I sighed, turning to face him fully.

"True, but that's because I'm protesting this party, there's a sign up sheet, if you want to help the cause." I told him seriously.

River sighed. "Alright, what's up?"

I crossed my arms and looked away. "I just have a bad feeling about it," River grabbed my arm and I allowed him to pull me to his side for a small hug.

"Really? Are you sure it's not just because you're upset with Kayla?" River questioned.

I paused. "That could be part of it," I admitted and bit down on my lip. "But I still think this whole thing is a horrible idea,"

River hummed. "The whole house will be filled with cops, what could happen?"

I pulled away from him and raised a hand. "Now that you've said that, anything is possible!" I grabbed Fin's sleeve and pulled on it. "I'm going to get kidnapped by a dragon or something!"

The three vampires tensed before I frowned and let go of Fin's sleeve. "Is Nicholas going to be here then, since he's a cop or something?"

River sighed. "Yes, he's going to be-"