29 | breakup or make up?

J U N G K O O K

J U N G K O O K

When I reached Bangtan High on Monday morning, my first thought was directed to trash bag Haneul. Carefully scrutinizing the area, I was hoping to bump into him. To think that he disrespected Y/n so blatantly...

For her sake, I chose not to meddle. The only reason I wanted to see him was simply to quench a sadistic thirst for hatred, to think of multiple ways of smashing his face so that he would get his head straight. Well, all of that would remain pure fantasies since I made a promise to my friend.

Apart from spotting the douchebag, my second wish was to find Y/n standing before the school's gate, stuffing her mouth with some food she'd gladly share with me. Thank God, that was bound to happen.

When she noticed me walking in her direction, she waved. I couldn't hold back an amused smile.

"Hurry!" I heard her say "I'm this close to eat them all."

After a long and boring morning, the long awaited lunchtime came. Taehyung offered me to eat with his friends and him, but I had to decline since I needed to make sure Y/n was going to break up with Haneul.

I was basically keeping an eye on her.

"Jungkook?" A familiar voice echoed through the hallway as I walked behind Y/n from a safe distance. "Aren't you going to eat?"

I gestured for the newcomer to lower their voice in case she'd hear us. Biting my lip, I had to turn around and give them a proper answer.

"No, I'll eat later."

My brother frowned, looking above my shoulder, searching for what—in this case, who—was so important that I chose to skip lunch, which I never did.

Seconds later, his eyes sparkled with a hint of amusement. "Oh, wow." he let out a low chuckle "You're stalking her now."

I didn't have to turn around to know that Y/n was still there. Horror was written all over my face as I heard footsteps coming closer, and I knew who that was.

"What's going on?"

A smirk came across Namjoon's face as I let out a heavy sigh, left with no choice but to face my female classmate. When I did, she stood with her arms folded over her chest, shooting me a curious glance.

"Yeah, Jungkook. Do enlighten us." my brother chuckled

I rolled my eyes, not even willing to spare him a glance. Of course he'd make fun of me, especially with Y/n around.

Nonetheless, I couldn't possibly admit that I was following her to make sure she would break up with Haneul.

"Just heading to the vending machine."

Both students eyed me, obviously not buying it. However, none of them insisted. In fact, Y/n changed the subject, unknowingly evoking the one thing that mattered to me at the very moment.

"I'm on way to see Haneul." she said "Wish me luck."

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋

It was only during the afternoon break that I had a chance to get a hold of my friend. Quietly, she left the classroom by herself, not even sparing a glance to Jieun nor Miria. Of course, I followed her.

Eventually, I found myself standing in a isolated area of the schoolyard. There she was, quietly sipping some banana milk, lost in her thoughts to the point that she hadn't even noticed my presence. I called her name, but she didn't react. So, I took a few steps towards her until I was able to touch her large shoulders.

Then, she turned around, revealing a blank face. I frowned, taken aback. I had prepared for an extremely sad Y/n, not an unfazed girl staring at me in utter silence.

At some point, I cleared my throat to gain her attention. "So..." I tried to break the ice, growing uncomfortable

The (h/c)-haired girl tilted her head on the side as a soft smile crept up her face, allowing me to sigh in relief.

"I did it."

She looked happy.

"How did he react?"

She shrugged a little. "He was okay."

Even better!

"How do you feel?"

There was a short pause. Y/n bit her lip, averting her eyes off me. "I'm not sure. A sense of relief mixed with negative feelings, I guess." then her beautiful (e/c) orbs found their way back to mine "Is there even someone who can accept all of me? My flaws, my family issues, my sister and all..."

"Of course! Look at me, I'm one of them. I will always have your back." I said, taking a step closer

A meek smile made its way to her lips, and she brought a hand to my face, grazing my left cheek. The unexcpected gesture made me want to close my eyes and melt under her touch.

"I know." she whispered "I can tell that you care. I do too; I care about you."

Then the weirdest thing happened; I leaned in, dangerously approaching my face to hers. We locked gaze, allowing me to enjoy the warmth of her soft (e/c) eyes. I didn't know what was going on, but the urge of feeling her was growing stronger and stronger.

"K—Kookie..." she called my name in a low, unusual deep whisper

Giving in, I closed the distance between us, crashing my lips onto in a desperate attempt to feel her, unable to hold myself any longer. The first kiss was brief and timid, nothing but a peck.

Then she looked up at me, cheeks flushed. Her bright eyes gawking at me when I couldn't avert mine off her tender lips, licking my own as I imagined the taste of it. In a matter of seconds, I found myself drawn to her. I felt the urge to catch her and never let go.

I wasn't sure whether it was because of the peaceful and intimate atmosphere, or the overpowering relief knowing she had ditched the asshole. Perhaps it came from both reasons. Either way, I wanted to give in the strong urge to kiss her again, this time with more passion.  

I didn't have to wait longer since Y/n took the lead, kissing me once again with much more enthusiasm.

Her lips tasted like sweet banana from the milk she drank minutes ago, swiftly moving with mine. I cupped her face with both hands before I moved one of them to her beautiful (h/c) hair as we closed our eyes to relish the heated moment. Her soft breath tickled my nose as the kiss deepened. Clinging on my shoulders, the girl eventually released her grasp as we broke the kiss, both panting.

Her delicate eyes fluttered open, and a tiny smile made its way to her kissable lips. I breathed in sharply at the sight.

"Damn..." was all I could say

"I—what—"

All of the sudden, Y/n was cut off by a third voice I'd rather never hear again. "So that's what it was all about!"

And just like that, Y/n dashed away.

『 ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ 』