17

If someone were to ask me what Filler's house reminded me of. It'd be one of those rare times I could answer 'haunted house' without any exaggeration. The thing was spooky, shacked up out of wooden pallets and crumbled bricks in such a way that the whole house was slanted unnaturally to one side. But that's not to say that it wasn't a large house; there were more windows than I could possibly count - even on a sober mind, and that was just on this side. Fuck, what was in that... stab? Was that what that stuff was called? In the day time, the house would surely look abandoned. But in the dead of night, where neon lights splurged out from the windows and poked through the cracks in its structure, it looked like a multicolour bomb. Charging in power. Eager to kill everyone inside.

Hux stood on the back of my heel, purely accidental. His gas-mask nodded an apology.

I spun around with a fear in my eyes, and the... wolf? I guess - was so close to me that my whiskers brushed the plasticy blue of his hazmat suit. "D-Dude what the fuck are you doing f-following me?"

"You said 'let's'." He said, muffled. "I thought it was a command."

"The only command I'm g-giving to you is to stop thinking you n-need commands. I mean," I shook my head. "have some self-respect, you're a fully g-grown canine. There's a lot of potential you're not t-tapping into here."

He stared for a while, perfectly still, until I leant over and ripped his collar off with a hard yank. Eyeing its leather form for a second before I dropped it to the ground. He stared at it in silent shock, and in the glass eyes of his mask I could see the shiny buckle reading pale white letters. An awful 'H', a horrible 'U'. A most dastardly 'X'.

For a long while I thought he would retaliate in some way. Hit me, maybe. Or pull out another one of his needles and chase after me like a blue Michael Myers. Only this time I'd be getting a real stabbing. "I need to stop." Was what he finally said.

There was such a primal urgency in his voice that it made me feel sorry for him. I slowly decided that the best thing to do... was maybe just to walk away and leave the wolf to his own mind, and I pivoted on my hind paws.

He grabbed me by the bushy end of my tail, and my footsteps slid useless against the ground as I was held perfectly in place.

"I need to stop." He said again. And this time I heard him sniffle under the gas-mask.

"Yeah. Yeah y-you do." I blinked.

His group loosened on my tail, "What's your name, kid?"

I really considered giving him my actual name, but there was this prickly feeling that this would'n't be the last time I saw this guy. A premonition. Or was it just the injection. "Sk... sk-Skim."

"What, like the milk?" He cocked his head, making his chocolatey ears flop to one side.

I actually chuckled, and it felt great. Achy, I doubt I had even managed a smile for this past day or two. "Yeah, dude, l-like the milk."

"You got any aspirin, Skim?" He said.

I quickly dived my paws into the pockets of my jacket, and all that I emerged with were some loose coins and a supermarket receipt. "I can g-get you some water."

"No worries. The ol' heads just hurting." He then reached into pockets of his own and began to slip some white tablets through his ventilator like a kid slipping coins into an arcade machine. He wiped his filter like would wipe his face, "Not aspirin," He mumbled, as if answer to a question he thought I would ask.

I snuck in through the back entrance like any raccoon would. Poking my head around the corner, I got the full blasting view of the main-room and all of its illegal glory. Pool tables that had been so chalked by cocaine that the furs playing didn't have any need on using the actual 'pool-chalk'. Rows of girls lined the makeshift bar, cracking open glow sticks and pouring them into drinks, while the poor furs on the receiving end of these glowing cocktails puked until they coughed and then they puked some more.

All species were here. Reptiles with illuminescent scales swinging from the second story balcony and crashing through tables below. Birds all playing poker with blue and pink cigars in their beaks, shielding what they thought was a 'winning hand' with dirty, bourbon smelling feathers.

"ahhh." Hazy cooed behind me, appreciating the view with his head wresting on top of mine. I'm not calling you Hux, I had decided in the midst of cracking the rusty farmhouse lock on the back door. No chance in hell I'm addressing a grown-ass dude by a pet name. "Smells like teen spirit."

"Smells l-like sweat, and c-chemicals."

"Same things, Skim." He gave a sniff through the mask. "And... ooh I'm picking up some pheromones." His fluffy brown tail started wagging crazily behind him.

Hazy brewed up a growl in his throat, and before it became a full blown series of excited barks I grabbed both sides of his muzzle and held it shut. "S-Shut it dude. H-How can you even s-smell those through that?"

"How can't you?" He grumbled.

"I don't know... I'm too young for that k-kind of stuff."

Hazy chuckled, "Tell that to her."

Over by the bar, wiping the remnants of her 19th shot from her lips, stood a cheetah with purple stains on her arms that glowed and shimmered with every movement she made. She was peering at me with lust in her eyes, twiddling the golden fur on her face. She was also extremely attractive, in my eyes at least. And that's a hell of a girl if even a gay raccoon couldn't stop staring at her.

She started to stumble her way over, dodging the mass of teen meat that were fighting each there or fucking on the floor.

"Should I give you two some space?" Hazy said.

"No. Please, please j-just stay here." I said firmly.

The cheetah slipped on her own drunkenness, and recovered with a feminine ease. Her denim were more ripped than they were jeans. Her expression was shy when she walked over, but her figure told other stories. Nice eyes, I thought to himself.

She stood a foot taller than me, and I tilted my head up to smile politely when she came.

"Hey~" She slurred, and then laughed at nothing, which for some reason got a chuckle out of me too. I swore she was looking me up and down...

"H...h-hey"

"Heyyyy." Said Hazy, and from the sound of it that 'aspirin' from earlier was beginning to kick in.

"Hey." Came the deep voice of Filler, the biggest, most sturdiest caramel-coloured horse you'd ever see. He hugged the cheetah from behind, "Who let the fucking masker in?"

My eye twitched.