Chapter 16

"talking"
Other magical beast language
Parseltounge
Death
Life

Lilian's POV

Our first stop, Twilfitt and Tattings. It seems to be popular with the pureblood families from the looks of it. No wonder, Narcissa likes to shop here. A girl named, Abigail, motioned for us to follow her. We were seathed at the waiting room and are offered some refreshments while waiting.

"forgive me for being late, Lady Potter. I was busy taking measurements for another customer." the designer, Mr John Twilfitt, came in and kisd my grandma's hand. "i must say, I'm glad to see that you are up and healthy again."

"it was all thanks to my grandchildren, Lilian and Harry. I trust you won't let this be known by anyone," grandma warned. He quickly made a vow to not tell anyone about us and brought over some of the designs. They went into full discussion on what dress would be perfect for me.

I left the store to a jewellery store in front of Twilfitt and Tattings shops. The store was a sister business together. It is run by Mr John Twilfitt's wife, Madam Surrey Twilfitt. The store only had a few customer here and there. There's also a few jewelers making some beautiful piece of jewelry on the counter.

"welcome to Twilfitt's jewellery. My name is Madam Surrey. How may I help you today?" a woman greeted me at the counter. She is a middle aged woman with brown hair and brown eyes. Plain, but her eyes show wonders from her creation. "i wish to order for a custom jewellery piece," i said, giving her pieces of parchment that had drawings that needed to be made from Edgar.

He didn't have time to make it last week so, he ask if i could have a jeweler make it. "um, these pieces.... They're crowns. The Ministry banned the creation unless.... Oh. " i showed her my Pendragon ring. "forgive me, your majesty. I'll get started right way." she made a vow to keep silent before leaving.

I look around the displays for anything that would catch my eye. The bell rang, signalling someone entered the store. "Lady Emrys?" someone said. I look up and was greeted by the soon-to-be dragon tamer and future cursebreaker, Charlie and Bill Weasley.

"what are you doing here?" Bill asked. "I'm shopping with my grandmother. Right now, she is talking to the designer for my new dress. I got bored and decided to check out the store in front of it." i paused a bit to catch my breath. " Edgar, my goblin designer, wanted to order in some new pieces for his latest dress for me. We discussed about it last night. I gave the design to Madam Surrey. Now, I'm just waiting for her to come back. What about you?"

"our mother wants us to pick up her order. I seriously don't know how she's getting the money with their vaults sealed," Bill whispered. I thought about it for a moment. If they can't get into their vaults, then that means.... " do an inheritance test with your father and brothers. " the boys looked confused for a moment. I quickly explained the reason," she might be using her family's vault, the Prewett's. If I'm correct, it should go to the twins because the Prewett heirships only go to the twins in the family and your twin brothers are the only one left."

"got it," they replied. An employee gave them their orders and they quickly left for Gringots. " your majesty, your pieces are ready," Madam Surrey called out. I look over the pieces and was impressed by the design. The crowns was created exactly as the drawing and there is a little bonus from the gems. Though, something wasn’t right.

"is something wrong, your majesty?" Madam Surrey asked. I told her to wait for a moment and left the store. I apparate to the Emry's vault and looked through the treasure chest filled with rare gemstones. I finally found what I was looking for, the rainbow gemstone. Perfect for my royal crown as the Queen of magical beings.

I apparate back to the store and placed the stone on the table. Madam Surrey's eyes widen seeing the rare gemstone that was only found in the deep Mediterranean sea. "change the stones with this one." she carefully pick the unneeded gemstones from the crown and starts working placing the one i requested.

I pick up a few pieces that i like and placed it on the table to buy. I left the store for a moment to check on the twoo designer for a bit. It seems they have come to a conclusion and now just needed my measurements. Mr Twilfitt placed a spell on me and my measurements are taken. "now, remember. I want the acromantula silk, not normal silk. This is a gown for an important ball and i do not want my granddaughter to be uncomfortable." Grandma said to John before paying the dresses.

The total for the dresses came out to 1000 galleons but that was to be expected with acromantula silk. The dresses will be delivered to my Manor befre dinner tomorrow. We went to the jewellery store to pick up the pieces that are now finished. "this is one of my most beautiful pieces of work that I've made." Madam Surrey said, giving me the bottomless bag filled with my purchases. The total was 2 times more than the dress but that wasn't a suprised either as i did asked for rare gemstones to be used.

Which bring the cost to, 2000 galleons. We decided to take a break and have some lunch before continuing. We head into a restaurant diwn the block and placed our order from our table. While we wait for our food, grandma starts telling me stories about our parents. How they met, their marriage and everything. "it was a beautiful wedding and I'm glad to have Lily as my daughter-in-law." she said fondly.

"I wish I've met them. At least, i have you, grandpa and Harry at my side now." our food finally arrived. We ordered the baked macaroni with cheese and for dessert, treacle tarts for grandma and a slice of apple pie for me. We finished eating our main course and started eating our dessert when i remembered what Harry and i need.

" grandmother?" she look up from her dessert in question. "i was wondering if you can tutor us or hire some tutors for us as right now we really don't know much about the wizarding world and we need you to be our seats proxy." she blank out for a minute before answering, "of course, we can tutor you. It is a tradition for the elder to tutor the heir on manners, politics and business. Your grandfather can help with the politics and be both of your proxy. I'll teach you what you need to know about pureblood manners and the family business. "

I was ecstatic to hear that. This will save me trouble from finding a trustworthy person to be our proxy." great. But, what about magic? Dueling? Transfiguration? Or-"" calm down, "grandmother told me." i will help you find tutors for that. As a bonus, i can teach you healing magic. For now, we'll have fun for today. Tomorrow, training will start. I have a few people in mind to be your tutor."