Episode 4: Part 4

Sunwoo was born to rap

Sunwoo was born to rap. Everything came out perfectly and smoothly, the people in the room naturally nodding along the beat. It was a flawless performance, one that earned an applause and praises right after.

"Unnie, he's so good." Belle commented, poking Evie. Evie didn't respond, too busy watching to care.

Many of the other rappers also did well, having good tone and rhythm. Y, Changbin, and Hyejin had good raps as well, although Y was less experienced than the others. Changbin's rap had everyone throwing hands, the lyrics containing referrals to Stray Kids ruling Kingdom and were here to take the crown again.

After Hyejin was Jake, who, despite his nervousness, still did well. His rap was more basic, like someone who was new to rap.

Ja:Ne was after her labelmate, giving Jake a small smile as she walked past him. The FaeZe members quickly silenced the idols around them, eager to watch this.

Julianne was confused as to why the atmosphere of the room suddenly changed, looking around. She soon realized why as she heard Ja:Ne's voice fill the room, her rap taking everyone by surprise.

Ja:Ne was confident, her rap came out smoothly, even fun expressions coming out of the performance. She visibly impressed the judges and the idols, cheers coming from around the room. When she finished, she casually placed the microphone back on the stand, walking back to her place in line.

From then on, the rappers seemed more nervous than before, eyes quivering. Alyssa's rap ended abruptly, the girl bowing as she disappointedly went back to her place. Mark, who was normally calm, also didn't seem too satisfied with his performance, his flow being awkward at points. Serim ended up forgetting his lyrics in the middle, the male adjusting his grip on the microphone as he quickly finished up what he could remember. Kanna was the last to go, rapping fine compared to the few before her, but didn't particularly stand out either.

Applause sounded once the music began to fade out, the idols cheering each other on. The rappers exchanged handshakes and words of encouragement, trying to bring the energy up.

"We will now give the judges a few moments to deliberate." Seungkwan told them, knowing that the judges needed the extra time.

Meanwhile, the idol groups engaged in their own conversations, discussing their thoughts on the Cypher Battle.

"It's a good thing Sunwoo went first." Q says to the other members. "He did so well."

"Yeah, he might have gotten really nervous if he went later." Juyeon agreed, nodding his head.

"Ja:Ne was really good. Really really good." Drie commented.

"After she went, everyone got so nervous." Yuechun added, a pout forming on her face. "Y still did great though, I'm proud of her."

"I feel so bad for Serim hyung." Wonjin mumbles to the other Cravity members.

"It's a lot of pressure up there. We all have bad performances." Jungmo said with a pout, feeling equally as bad.

"Plus we still have two more battles we can win." Minhee added, staring at the judges.

The room grew quiet again as it was clear that the judges had made their decision. The attention turned to them, everyone waiting for the results.

"First, I'd like to thank everyone that participated, you all worked really hard but at the end of the day, this is a competition." Cheetah started. "The judges have come to a decision."

"Before we announce the winner, I'd like to call up three idols that stood out the most." Rhymer said. "They are Sunwoo, Changbin, and Ja:Ne. Could you three please step forward."

The idols clapped as the three of them followed Rhymer's instructions, separating them from the idols. The others behind them had bittersweet looks on their faces, happy for their peers but also feeling a little disappointed.

"Sunwoo, you seem happy to be here." Jessi says, teasing the male with a smile. "How do you feel?"

"I feel like I did better than when I was on High School Rapper." Sunwoo replies, making everyone in the room laugh. "I was... quite annoying then."

"I think you improved too." Jessi tells him. "You started off the Cypher Battle and certainly demonstrated what we were looking to see. You had good rhythm and flow, and your tone was well done. Overall, you definitely started off the Cypher Battle at the level we wanted it to be."

"Thank you." Sunwoo says, bowing his head before Jessi moved onto the next idol.

"Changbin, you are one powerful rapper." Cheetah tells him. "That definitely showed through yout rapping."

"One thing I like about Changbin is how natural he made it all feel." Rhymer added. "It looked like he wasn't even thinking about the lyrics or trying to stay on beat. It just happened. Good job."

"Thank you." Changbin has a proud smile on his face, sending a thumbs up to his members.

"Lastly we have Ja:Ne." Jessi says, a wide grin on her face. "Ja:Ne, Ja:Ne. Gosh girl, you blew us everyone out of the water. Like wow. That was amazing."

Ja:Ne chuckles at the English comment, thanking the judges.

"When did you debut?" Cheetah asks, staring at the girl.

"About half a year ago." Ja:Ne answers.

"It didn't seem like that. You sounded like a professional."

"Ja:Ne, I think you have a real talent." Jessi tells the girl. "I don't have many comments. Your rhythm, tone, and flow were good, and you had fun with the lyrics and performance. It was really well done, good job."

"Thank you." Ja:Ne says with a few giggles, happy from the compliments.

"With that, we do have to pick a winner, which wasn't easy for us." Jessi says with a long sigh. "But we have come to a decision."

Everyone's eyes were on the judges as they waited, anticipating who the winner was. Jessi stared down at the paper in front of her, adjusting her grip on the microphone.

"The winner of the Rap Cypher Battle is FaeZe's Ja:Ne. Congratulations, your group will be getting 10,000 points."

———————————————————————————Wattpad is being annoying :c

Wattpad is being annoying :c