part 6: murder cases bring people together

[a/n: i changed their ages to ten because i realized they were too young so the age gaps are the same they are all just four years older ^-^]

~still edward POV~

i was finally dragged into the study where i tried my best to avoid eye contact. "w-what are you d-doing, in th-the middle of a p-party pulling me to an isolated room l-like this.... i am am- married man yo- you know?" i tried joking but well it did not work. "it is only you and me now and you have nowhere to run to so you better spill while i still am patient with it" damn it.

 i put on my serious face. "ok dereck here is the deal, the thing is that... when there was a meeting on the discussion of the stay of the children in the palace. the officials and ministers from the council said that despite her being the first female candidate she will not be offered another room. it is not that the castle has a less amount of rooms. it is just, the purpose of the whole reason that the room is shared by the candidates is to bring a feeling of unity and familliernes. and all candidates have been treated the same, also she is a ten year old child who will stay there till she id twelve so , at her current age i can't ben the rules of the selection" derek just looked down and nodded in understanding. thank god.

~dominic POV, with the children at the banquet table~

after the ceremony was done it was around lunch time so we were escorted to a round table with six seats. i had lyon an my right and lilith on my left. lyon started to talk to james while lilith just ate quietly, enjoying the pastry and reading a book her maid got her a few minutes ago. his majesty and mark were speaking as well about something and since mark is the one leading the conversation it must be something childish. it was just silent between me and lilith, after some time i got bored so i decided to look at what lilith is reading. 'unsolved murders' good taste. " hey so you mind if i read with you?" she looked a little surprised but nodded and placed the book on the table.

 "i just started reading a new case." when we were halfway through the case i realized who the culprit was it was  painfully obvious to me, so decided to lay my opinion on the table, "i feel it is obvious that the marquis did it" she just shook her head. "it is" i felt a little confidence because i got the answer first, but then she said something the confused me, "but he is innocent" "what do you mean, he clearly gets benefit from his brothers death, and he did not have an alibi. also all the evidence points to him, so he is most likely to be the murderer .the only other prominent suspect is his wife who says she was asleep."

 i explained, i am starting to think she is a dumb one. [he had considered her smart till now due to her magical skill] "that is one of the problems, sleep is not an alibi that can be confirmed by anyone, she even sleeps in a different room so you can't confirm her alibi. the second problem is that it is impossible for only his items to be found. there are maid butlers guards and his wife that live there how are only his items found, in his house where many other people live.

 unless they all got a dream telling all of them that there was going to be a murder and they had to remove all their belongings so they are clear of suspicion there is no way of such a thing occurring. to me it is obvious that he is being framed.no idiot would leave all the evidence at the crime scene. the only way he he could be guilty is that he decided to frame him self." never mind i am the dumb one. but if she got this much then she must know who the perpetrator is. "then who is the culprit?" "remember that the marquis will benefit from it" so is she saying i am right or wrong? i nodded at her telling her to continue

 "he would get entire ownership of all the shops and land owned by his brother. and if you remember his wife was closer to his brother than him. she also spent more time with his brother than him" [their whole conversation she speaks in a blank tone] this confused me even more, and it must have shone on my face, because for the first time during our conversation she showed emotion and giggled but stopped right after and returned, that was so cute. "well it was his wife. she had an affaire with her husband's brother" what now? "why would she kill the man she had an affaire with?"

 "she never truly loved him, it was evident by her actions after visiting him. according to the book it says that all the brother's servants reported her going on a shopping spree right after she visited him. she was only in it for the money which her miserly husband wouldn't spend on her. she killed him of knowing his fortune would be given to her husband. and if they thought that her husband was the one that killed him they would hang him leaving her with all the fortune to her disposal." i was in awe of her. i never thought of her gain or his consequences. she frowned a little and said "if you ask me the only mystery is which idiot was assigned to such a simple case to leave it unsolved" i wholeheartedly laughed at that. i like this girl. we continued solving cases [mostly lilith solving, while dominic sometimes solved as well while mostly adding in opinion] and bonded. when we finished the book  we both looked away and realized that our fathers and all our friend were staring at us. were we that deep in our conversation to not realize? i sweat dropped, where as lilith stood up and greeted our fathers. leading us to realize that they were here so we got up and greeted them as well.

~edmond POV~

we were all walking towards the children after derek calmed down. when we starting to reach their table we saw dominic truly laughing and blushing a bit while he was talking to lilith. how on earth did that girl manage that? the others were just staring at them. when we reached i placed a finger on my lips while all of us stood behind them telling them not to make the two aware of our arrival. we stood their for about half an hour just marveling a two incredibly smart children solving murder cases while reading a book together. when lilith closed the book they seemed to remember that there are other people who exist on this world along with them. lilith stood up and greeted us making the rest follow. what a splendid child but her personality reminds me a lot of derek's. i smirked well these two years will be fun.