XLVI.

Chapter Forty Six.

February.

"Aw, that is so cute!"

"Okay I see y'all!"

Xavia sighed, feeling annoyed as she watched the umpteenth girl in her grade level get surprised with a colossal teddy bear, beautiful flowers, and candy this morning. Today was the most God awful holiday that had ever been created, Valentine's Day. She had never experienced getting anything on this day from a guy. Her father was the only one that would go out of his way to make her feel special when February 14th came around each year.

To her disappointment, Zealand didn't show up for school today. She tried calling him right before first period started to see where he was, but got no answer. This was very unusual because Zee hadn't been absent the whole school year. Tardy? Yes. But not showing up completely? Never that.

Xavi groaned, shoving her AirPods in her ears and turning the volume all the way up as Pop Out by Big Boogie started playing.

She couldn't wait until this day was over.

••

At exactly 3:00pm, Xavi hurriedly gathered all of her things and exited out of her last period of the day, before heading towards the student parking lot. Once she was there, she found her car and unlocked it with her remote then got in instantly. A breath of relief left her mouth as she tossed her backpack in the passenger's seat.

As she started her car, Xavia happened to glance up at the rear view mirror. Something caught her eye, so she quickly turned around and looked in the backseat.

There was a bouquet full of Valentine's goodies, which included all of her favorites candies. She let out a small gasp as she reached and grabbed it.

Sitting inside was a small notecard

Sitting inside was a small notecard. Xavia opened it, and let her eyes scan over it.

It read: "You didn't think I forgot about you, huh? I could never! I know you probably wondering why you didn't see me today, but it'll all make sense later. Be ready by 7:30 cause I'll be waiting outside your house. Oh! And you might want to pack an overnight bag. Don't ask no questions, just follow directions. Ayeee, that rhymed. #BARS! Anyways Happy V-Day, Xavi. From, Zee."

She couldn't help but smile as she re-read the note over and over. Usually, she'd be very curious as to how Zealand was able to unlock her car to put the bouquet inside in the first place, but it didn't even matter.

Pulling out of the parking spot, Xavia wasted no time making her way home. She didn't know what Zee was up to, but she couldn't wait to see.

Once she was at home, Xavia showed Rose what Zee had gotten her before going into her room to prepare for the night ahead. She went into her closet, eyeballing everything she owned as she tried to figure out what to wear.