53: Not Even Married And Has This Much Control over Him It's Scary

Edited by Relendria

Meng Yao smiled broadly at Shou Shan, as if he couldn't see Shou Shan's stormy face.

"You!" Shou Shan snarled, "Do you flirt with every she-man you see?"

"Eh?" Meng Yao's smile slipped a little at the incomprehensible attack.

"Aren't you ashamed of yourself?"

"Eh?!" Meng Yao's eyes widened with astonishment.

"What does he see in you anyways?" This was more of a whine than a snarl but Meng Yao was still lost in confusion.

"EEEEEEhhhhhhhh!?"

'Who am I supposed to be flirting with?' Meng Yao wondered, 'Who is spreading such gossip about me?' Realizing that the man hurling accusations was clearly misunderstanding him, Meng Yao drew a deep breath and calmed himself down.

"I'm sorry my lord but I think you might be mistak-"

"So, you want to deny it eh?"

"My lord I-"

"To think, you'd actually take advantage of innocent young she-men"

"Wait a min-"

"Don't deny it! I just saw you!"

Meng Yao was finally getting annoyed. The crowd was looking at him as if he was an adulterer who had been caught in the act but he was a faithful man. He didn't flirt with anyone but his Jia Yi.

"Hey! Don't insult my dage!!" Huan shouted in defense of Meng Yao.

"Huh? Your Highness!" Shou Shan bowed to him. "I wasn't aware of your presence, your Highness."

Huan was to be the next ruler of the Qing empire. No one dared to offend him! And he is also the heir to the General, making his standing no less than that of the former Minister Liang. Shou Shan couldn't help but feel a bit anxious.

"Stand up!" Huan commanded coldly.

Shou Shan obeyed without question and in moments the three sat in a corner to have a discussion.

"I'm sorry but I think you've made a mistake about me," Meng Yao started the discussion off.

"What mistake?" Shou Shan retorted with righteous indignation. "Didn't you just flirt with Fa Enlai two days ago? And just now you were flirting with another she-man! What kind of shameless scoundrel are you?"

Huan looked at Meng Yao and burst out in laughter.

"It's that jump-to-conclusions personality of yours that ensures Fa Enlai will never like you," Meng Yao said calmly but through lips tight with anger. He ignored the chortling boy next to him. "You just ask Fa Enlai if I desire him. I have never had that kind of interest in Fa Enlai. We are friends and nothing more."

Meng Yao got up abruptly and, with Huan following closely behind, stalked to the back of the restaurant. His dark expression was more convincing than his words and Shou Shan was now confused. Didn't Meng Yao just flirt with another she-man?  And that was after he had flirted with Enlai!

'What did he mean he wasn't interested in Fa Enlai?' Shou Shan wondered in a daze. 'Enlai is very beautiful. Even though I don't care about appearance, I can't deny that Enlai is a beautiful she-man.'

A thoroughly confused Shou Shan went home and saw Enlai exiting Xiaobo's room. He realized his son must be napping.

"Fa Enlai, let's have a discussion."

Fa Enlai looked at him and nodded, thinking that maybe he was being too hard on Shou Shan. After all Shou Shan doesn't know about him and Meng Yao. Over tea, Enlai explained everything about meeting Meng Yao, falling for him, and being rejected by him. Shou Shan's expression grew dark and murderous.

"To think he woul-," Shou Shan began angrily.

*bonk*

Enlai forgot who he was the servant and Shou Shan was the master and flicked the man's forehead. Shou Shan was just too was rude!

"Are you crazy? It wasn't enough for you to yell at him in his own business when you first met him but you had to go back and start it up again? You don't even try to understand before pointing fingers? The she-man who kissed him is his wife!" Enlai yelled furiously.

"W-wife? He's married?!?" Shou Shan burst out in utter shock.

"You nobles are rude and disrespectful! I cannot believe that you went into the man's shop and created a commotion!" Enlai was so enraged he could barely restrain himself from smacking Shou Shan across the back of his head. He didn't even realize he was moving when he had already grabbed Shou Shan's ear and was giving him a stern lecture.

"We're going to apologize now - both to Liang Meng Yao's wife and to Liang Meng Yao. Even a little bobo has more sense than this stupid and childish father! How utterly rude! Should I baby sit you as well?" Enlai scolded as he dragged Shou Shan to the door.

Shou Shan found an angry Enlai to be a terrifying thing. He was so stunned that a servant dared be so impudent that he didn't even think of resisting. Shou Shan dared not even raise a protest as Enlai marched him through the city streets.

(A/n: wife is life UwU)

"Childish! Rude! Utterly disrespectful! Who do you think you are? Are you the Emperor? You dare barge in another person's place and accuse them of infidelity! If your daddy didn't teach you manners, I will!"

Enlai was still scolding when they reached the restaurant. Shou Shan obediently bowed and apologized as he held his poor, abused ear. It was very red.

"Ah, we are really sorry, Hong Jia Yi and Liang Meng Yao," Enlai said with a respectful bow as soon as Shou Shan had made his own apology.

Meng Yao wasn't upset at all. In fact, he was feeling a bit sorry for the man holding his tender ear. He wasn't even married to Enlai yet but the she-man already has this much control over Shou Shan. It was a bit scary.