THIRTY SEVEN

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Five days had passed

Five agonisingly painful days.

Seconds felt like hours, days felt like years.

Nothing could prepare me for this heartbreak, feeling completely and utterly helpless. There was nothing I could do to speed up this process and that made me feel pathetic, I needed to do something. Anything to save Cleo from slipping into an unconsciousness forever.

But I couldn't. I couldn't do a single thing but sit here and wait for the clock to tick by.

I had chewed down on the skin around my fingers, stared endlessly at the wall as a thousand thoughts filter through my mind. My eyes had ran dry, my body was too dehydrated to even cry.

These last few days have been hell.

My body refused to sleep, my stomach refused to digest any food and my heart started to lose hope.

Nella said a couple days, yet it had been five whole days and my world had begun to crumble. Realisation settling in, no matter how many times the pack told me to trust Nella's powers and believe in Cleo's strength. Somewhere deep inside me, I knew she wasn't coming back.

I was in a nightmare, surely this was a nightmare and someone was going to wake me up any second.

But when I stared at myself in the mirror, watching the thick circles under my eyes develop and my skin begin to pale. Even my wolf was accepting the idea of never being able to be with her again.

His strength was deteriorating, wanting to be with our mate and look after her, cherish her and love her. Oh how I wished I had made the most of the time I actually had with her, regardless of the fact I had no idea she was my mate.

She still turned my world into a new dimension, every second with her was exciting and thrilling. She allowed me to open up, to finally be honest with myself, to talk about my struggles even though I hated anyone seeing me weak. But she made me so weak.

Of course she did, she was my weakness. And yet I still couldn't put two and two together, I was blind to everything that was directly in front of me.

That brave, courageous and damn right breathtaking woman was all mine.

The things I would do to hold her and tell her everything I never got the chance to say.

How can time be your worst enemy?

The four walls inside my office felt like they had somehow closed in on me, making the space feel smaller and my breathing becoming tighter. I had completely isolated myself from the pack and ignored their kind gestures to make sure I was okay.

But I didn't want to be with anyone but Cleo, I didn't want their homemade soup or their request for a group walk. I just wanted to be alone until I was with her but every second that ticked by was destroying my soul.