Chapter 9

25th Feb, 2022

Saim glanced at the clock that rested right in front of him, as he returned back from Fajr Salah. He had managed to escape his mother's questions last night only to result in not having uttered any word about the marriage that was supposed to be taking place tomorrow. The more he thought about it the more he freaked out but the only thing that he was relieved was about that he was doing to get the girl out from her miseries which somehow calmed him. He had earned quite an earful from his father for avoiding such sensitive topic and that was the reason he now stood outsides his parents room knowing that his mother would be awake reciting the Quran.

Just as he was about to open the door, he was startled by a pat on his shoulder making him crash into someone. Turning around he found Saad groaning, as he had elbowed his stomach which he had earned for the sudden shock while his father stood at a distance waiting for the sons to let him in.

"My room, I enter first." He said and the duo moved aside rolling their eyes at their father's childish behaviour while he walked inside grinning at his wife who was engrossed reciting. Saim looked over at his father and brother before taking a seat besides his mother. She glanced his way, her mouth continuously moving before turning back. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the precious moment, Zaim and Saad joining too.

Ten minutes and Saim opened his eyes when his mother stopped. He gave her a smile and helped her stand up with the Holy Book, taking it from her and placing it securely at it's place. He looked around the room, finding it neat just as his mother liked it to be making him smile. He gazed over his mother, who now sat on the bed while his father and brother took a seat at the couch in the room.

"So tell me what do you want?" His mother questioned and he smiled cheekily. It was always the same. He would always try convincing his mother for something after the Fajr Salah and everyone was well aware of it since it was his childhood thing.

Nervously he walked to his mother and sat down besides her taking her hand and playing with it.

Inhaling deeply he spoke, "I was thinking of getting married," He trailed off waiting for his mother's reaction while the two people on the couch exchanged glances at the way Saim had put it forward.

None uttered a word, the only voice in the room heard of that being the clock which made Saim's heart to beat faster.

"Do you think that I and Hasham made things easier for him?" Saad whispered to his dad remembering the night he had planned landing his brother in marriage trouble with his cousin.

"We already know that," She replied grinning at him widely, making Saad's assumption to be right while Saim turned to the men accusing them, "So what is the name of the girl?" She questioned and Saim glared at them, Saad smiling at him slyly before turning to his mother.

"Yusra," He spoke her face coming in front of his eyes.

"Masha Allah such beautiful name, Zaim look at our son all grown up and wanting to get married." Sara cooed pulling Saim's cheeks while he ruffled his hair in embarrassment while Zaim chuckled nervously nodding his head.

Saim looked at his excited mother talking about things while he tried forming words to let her know about his plan.

"Mamma her family asked for an early nikaah," He said confidently as a mean to make his mother agree making her gape at him, "You already did the talking!?" She exclaimed looking between the three before casting her eyes on Saim who nodded his head making her squeal in excitement. She started blabbering, talking about the wedding that can take place and the functions, not listening to Saim who was trying to tell her to stop.