Black Mamba

The first thing Y/n feels when she ambles inside the garden is the blooming scent of fluttering flowers. She inhales, senses calming down as she glance at the bed of colorful flowers that are born all over the majestic garden.

It is so unique and breathtaking that Y/n would not even be surprised if little fairies flutter out of under the flowers. Or maybe they do when no one is around and immediately hide themselves when they see someone approaching.

Princess Eunbi accompanies her as they walk towards the sitting area build in the middle. Mrs. Park is already seated and waiting on them, smiling when her gaze meets those of Y/n's.

The older woman's soft eyes are familiar to Y/n by now, but that does not stop her cheeks from tinting pink.

"My Queen." Y/n greets, bowing her head a little. Mrs. Park is on her feets now, still smiling softly at the woman dressed in pure white.

"My lovely Y/n." The older woman coos before her gaze trail over to Eunbi.

Her smile flatters a bit, but she still keeps it on her face as she tilt her head. "Eunbi, welcome." She greets. "I see that you had a good night rest."

"Mother Park." Eunbi also smiles back, causing her young face to lift even more into the pretty light. "That I did. I am grateful that the Queen kept my room assigned to me still."

Y/n tilt her head at that. 'She called Mrs. Park mother.'

Indeed, Princess Eunbi has been around Mrs. Park and with Jimin for long years. No wonder she already has her own room in this palace.

"I had your room cleaned and organized. But upon not seeing you at all last night," Mrs. Park continues to smile at Eunbi while she speaks and Y/n is left a bit confused cause her smile definitely does not reach her eyes as it usually does in those pretty half moons. "I thought you did not come, so i did not prepare any greetings and breakfast for you this morning."

Eunbi continues to sweetly smile, immediately picking at the words of the older woman. "Is that so. Such a shame indeed. But do not worry, mother. I came to break my fast with you."

Y/n has always been quick to pick things up, but it takes even her a minute to notice the sudden tension in the air. She blinks. It is probably because she did not expected this.

A few more words are said to each other while Y/n stands small and lost in between them. Mrs. Park, bless her beautiful soul finally suggests to be seated.

And Y/n is hungry.

Oh yes, she is.

So she digs right in, smiling at the way those heavenly cookies Jimin was gushing over just an hour ago melts into her mouth. In sheer happiness, her feet thumps the ground and she can not help but wonder how even more delicious these would be if she ate them together with Jimin.

she gets so lost that she almost forgets her surroundings and when she blinks back to earth and away from the wondering world of Park handsome Jimin, she finds herself still staring at two women smiling at each other.

Y/n does not thinks she has seen such fake smiles than these before. They are not even hiding it.

Curiosity crossed her mind a few times since yesterday's ball upon the situation, the way Mrs. Park did not even bring up Eunbi once. Maybe they had a problem going on.

But this..

They are throwing hidden insults at each other through their words. And both seem to be quite determined to not loose.

Y/n has many things to say to Mrs. Park, complement her for the brilliant ball she threw and show her the ring Jimin promised her. But she forces herself to sit still and that is how this slowly paced breakfast passes.