Chapter 32

Hi, hello. For those who are confused:

North's mother died two years ago prior to the start of She's Complicated. It was mentioned by Jade on Chapter 4. They were around 23-24 years old that time. Seth was introduced as a boyfriend naman 3 years ago or so. The Sebastian family's whereabout is only mentioned once or twice with vague details in this story.

— Iris

--

I ignored the fact that Mom was drunk this early morning, and I know she's not sleeping that much. It's okay, I'm used to it, but it doesn't mean I don't care.

So wala akong nagawa, nilapitan ko pa rin siya at inalok ito ng kape para sana ay mahimasmasan siya kahit na papaano. She gladly accepted it, her lips forming a smile but it didn't reach her eyes.

My Mama is a beauty. She still is. I just hope she'll find it in herself that happiness is with us. Not with just Dad.

I really love my mother, but sometimes I feel like she doesn't love us as much as we do.

She said she found the light in me. Ma, I'm still your light, you just have to look. It's not in Dad's eyes. It's in me, in us.

Kinuha ko yung bote ng alak na nangangalahati na at basta na lang tinapon ang laman no'n sa sink bago i-dispose yung bote. It's an expensive wine that's being kept in the cellar, and I don't care. They can buy how many they want anyway.

"Ma, please fix yourself, hm?" I softly said, kissing her temple. She nodded exhaustedly. "My sisters will wake up anytime soon."

As much as I can ay sinusubukan kong pagtakpan yung mga ganitong bagay. It's hard to explain it to them despite their awareness of how mess up this family is.

Kung pwede lang magpalit talaga ng magulang ay ginawa ko na. I'll replace my Dad with someone else, anyone, as long as that person can make my mother feel loved and wanted. Not like this.

She's wasting her life.

We have no maids at all with this huge but empty home. This house was a wedding gift from my mother's side according to her. We're rich but Mom told us before na gusto niya maging hands-on sa amin ─ na pinagbigyan naman ni Dad way back. But here I am, doing the things she's supposed to do.

I learned how to cook, how to clean the house, just typically what someone will do to keep the entire household intact. Nasasabihan na nga ako nina East na mas Mama pa nila ako kaysa sa ina namin, so they always help me.

They should be taken care of, not like this.

We grew up with a silver spoon in our mouths. My parents both grew in a wealthy family, with businesses overly flourishing, although we are living in low profiles unlike sa ibang relatives namin. Neither of my sisters are bragging even if they're studying in a prestigious school.

Hindi ko lang alam kung gagayahin nila ako na pinili pumasok sa eskuwelahan na hindi gaanong kilala no'ng highschool. When I chose which university I'll go to, I decided to go where Gail would be and fortunately, all of my friends wanted to be in the same school din. Kahit magkakaiba kami ng courses.

I picked Psychology as my course because I'm interested in behavior and the theories wrapping around it. The choice was shallow and was just out of fascination.

Dad wanted me to take business related course pero pagod na ako na puro yes. Wala rin naman akong interest sa mga ginagawa niya sa company. I don't even know the workaround there, but I do go from time to time to to work dahil nag-iipon ako.