A Warm Welcome- II

Your P.O.V

It irked you, really. No explanation, close to the middle of the night, your parents brought you out. For what you thought would be a small surprise. Only for you to realise that unfortunately you were carrying far too many bags for it to be a surprise. So now, going out for 10 minutes turned into a week long trek to who knows where. Actually you knew where. It must have been the madrigals. Their name seemed to have reached your dad's ears, which surprised you really. At your arrival you noticed the town was small. And here you thought you were visiting a big, dare you say city.

But it was okay. Cozy looking, you liked that. Your parents had found a house for sale. It's wasn't the best, and your father did well in reassuring that it would be replaced with a grander home. You couldn't care less by now though. The ache in your limbs seemed to crawl into your brain, the pain unbearable until finally you had found a room, and collapsed on the plain bed.

You awoke to a pillow and blanket, realizing guiltily that you mother had changed and wiped the grime off of you before completely cleaning your room. After a simple "morning" to you father, you took a small bath. Getting changed after into a skirt that you had to scrap at one point (it was starting to get short) and putting on a plain white shirt. Your dad smiled, calling you beautiful briefly before handing you a plate, and gesturing to the little meal he had prepared.

"good morning Chiquita, how are you today?" your dad ruffled your hair while you let of a noise of protest.

Maybe it was because you had looked at him more properly today, but his hair was more silver and wrinkles adorned his face. You only shook it off though. he must have been under so much stress with travelling.

"I fixed!" you pointed at the mess that your hair was in while his smile only widened.

"Hey that's a new one! I can't wait to tell your mama!" you continued eating your food. It made you happy how supportive they were in your progress but sometimes it felt like a little too much. "anyway Chiquita, once your mama wakes up, we'll be heading out to see the madrigals."

You half heartedly nod at him while he babbles about getting ready and such. It wasn't long until you mom arrived, tired. She too looked older, like your father, but you didn't mind much.

"morning" you sheepishly smile while she does the same.

"Morning tesoro-"

"Mi vida, guess what y/n said today!" Her excitement was noticeable pretty much everywhere, as she beamed and twirled you round. You were certain she probably cared less about the word and more that you had said something.

After your mother had calmed down was when the three of you started meaningless conversations, some with yout dad relaying the gossip about the madrigals, while you and your mother listened and laughed.

"ay, you'll never guess what they say one of the madrigals can do!" He paused for suspense, relishing your expentant look. "Apparently, of of those madrigal kids can shapeshift!"

Your mother looked to be pleasantly surprised. "Espere, Querido, does any of them have a gift that can help y/n?"

"Of course! One of them is even said to cure any sickness or injury!"

This seemed to excite them tremendously while your mother clapped. It did thrill you as well- the idea of being able to talk easily. Except it felt too... Strange, the idea. After all those years she spent struggling, and this is all it took?

" Mama," you called out. You were still stumbling over 'papa' the p's confused you. "not sick. Not.. In.. I.. In.."

You trailed out, waiting of them to connect the dots. Your dad only smiles.

"Chiquita you worry too much, leave all of that you us si?"

The atmosphere was nice, all smiles and laughter. However you were itching to go out. It was strange, truly. You felt compressed and anxious near large amount of people, and yet you still go out, thinking that somehow the next experience would be better than the last.

Yes it was stupid. But you couldn't seem to help yourself.

"mama, go?"

"hm?" you mom tilted her head in confusion.

"out." you pointed at the door while your dad seemed to contemplate.

"Chiquita, we need to visit the madrigals remember? It will be for dinner, but it'll be better if you stay."

"ay, let her go Querido," you mother hushed him as he complained quietly. "mantente segura, Tesoro!"