Patronus, Dragonfly

Rose loosened the tie around her neck before ultimately removing it and handing it over to James, who'd come by the greenhouse at her request.

"I just need you to drop this off to Sirius for me." She said, putting her hands together pleadingly.

"Why can't you take it?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest, tie still in hand.

"I have plans."

"With Regulus?"

"James—"

"I told you I was not going to be part of this. Now I'm a delivery boy?"

"You're not part of it, you're just returning something for me. Please, James."

He slung the tie over his shoulder in response, making his way to the door.

"Thank you." She mused happily, he turned around and spoke, pointing with each word.

"I'm not helping you, I'm just returning this to Sirius. Got it?"

"Got it." She she said firmly.

James left then, shutting the door loudly behind him.

Once Regulus and co. arrived Rose was excited to note that she already knew them, or knew one them and knew of the other.

"It's the little plant witch." Xenophilius Lovegood greeted as he entered the greenhouse, he held out a hand for her to take.

"Good to see you again." He added as Regulus and a blonde girl followed in behind him.

Rose recognized the girl as Pandora, she wore the blue crystal Rose had given to Xenophilius for her around her neck, as well as other jewelry that she seemed to have made herself, it was all very unique and had a whimsical flare Rose loved.

She greeted Rose with a quick side hug, and a simple:

"Pandora."

Pandora was very beautiful, a Ravenclaw, with long blonde hair that looked almost silver, it was curly and bounced with every move she made much like Odette's. She smelled of lavender oil and her voice was soft yet bubbly. By the time they arrived it was obvious her and Regulus were already rather faded, they both wandered around the greenhouse and stared at the different flowers and leaves while giggling occasionally. Eventually Regulus simply laid on the ground, looking up at the stars through the glass ceiling.

"Panda." He called out from his spot on the floor while Rose and Xeno chatted together in the corner, watching the two of them goof off.

"Yes, Reg?" She asked, prior to taking a seat next to him.

"What do you think they're talking about?" He attempted(but failed) to whisper.

"I don't know, Reg. Want me to drag you over there so you can ask?"

He nodded enthusiastically.

"I'm not doing that." She retorted matter-of-factly.

That's when Xenophilius called over, gaining both of their attentions.

"Hey, Little Dude, what's your patronus again?" He asked

Regulus quietly mumbled a response.

"What was that?" Rose asked.

"A dragonfly." Pandora answered for him.

"He thinks it's a bit lame. I think it's neat." She continued, before standing to join Rose and Xeno.

"What's yours?" She asked, playing with a few stray curls from Rose's hair, it had gotten rather long, and was perpetually somewhat messy.

"A grass snake, kinda lame too." She said, putting her hair behind her, a shred of insecurity seeping to the surface.

"I really don't like my hair this way. It's starting to look like the worse version of Lily's, my sister's." She clarified, Pandora looked baffled.

"You don't?"

"No, not really." She said, and Pandora stood immediately.

"You've got scissors in here right? For trimming the plants?" She asked, looking around.

Rose stood then, joining her search before the objective of their search set in.

"Wait, what are we doing?" Rose asked, and Pandora turned around, trimming scissors in hand.

"If you don't like it, I'll fix it. Here, sit." She said, directing her to the spot next to Regulus.

He glanced over at her, a dopey look on his face.

"You can trust her, Rose" he said lazily.

"Exactly. Now, may I cut your hair? I cut my own if that makes you feel better." Pandora asked

"You seem sure, and worse case it'll grow back. Go ahead." Rose said, excitement starting to overcome the fear.

Regulus sat up next to them as bits of red hair started to fall, collecting in a heap on the floor with each metallic snip of the flower shears.

When Pandora was finished Rose had a bluntly cut bob, it came down past her chin, her slight curls still visible.

Rose looked at herself in the reflection of the glass windows, running her hands through her hair and feeling the difference from what was once there.

"Thank you...Panda." She said, turning to face the blonde girl once more, newfound confidence written across her face.

"You're welcome." She replied, pleased with the outcome. She sat the shears down next to a small deck of cards Rose had shoved onto a shelf with other tools and trinkets. Addressing Regulus afterwords.

"What do you think?" She asked, but the boy's attention was elsewhere.

Beneath the material of his shirt his dark mark had begun to swirl and sear, a sensation he was use to, but dreaded nevertheless.

He stood, placing his hands palm down on the table behind them, holding onto it to steady himself for a moment.

He then took in a long breath, draining all the careless joy from his demeanor as he did so, every eye in the greenhouse was on him.

"I have to go." he said dully.

"You're sure you're good to go?" Xenophilius asked, Regulus took in another breath.

"I'll manage." He said, before turning to Rose, addressing her with without any real expression.

"You look lovely." He said.

And he was gone.

"Damn." Xenophilius so eloquently spoke what they were each thinking.