Chapter 8

Dedication to KissMyLashton bc your comments made me laugh 😂 (read the A/N below or else. Jks. but just do it.)

"Ashton is awake." The doctor said. When seeing everyone's shocked expressions he continued. "He can have visitors, but only immediate family." Luke frowned, simply because he thought he was going to be aloud to see Ashton. He was happy that Anne was getting to see him though. By the time Luke properly made out what the doctor had said, he was already leading Anne to Ashton's room. Luke sat down and sunk deep into his seat. Words couldn't comprehend how guilty he felt after everything that's happened. Maybe Calum was right. It was his fault. Although he wasn't blunt about it, Luke knew what he must have thought. Calum wouldn't have just hit him for no reason. Luke turned in his seat and looked towards the raven haired boy sitting in the corner of the room, with his legs up to his chest and ear phones in his ears. After battling with himself for several minutes he decided to just go and talk to him, Luke slowly stood from his seat and made his way over to where Calum was sitting. When he noticed Luke's presence he huffed in annoyance and took out one of his ear phones.

"What do you want?" Calum rejoined, making Luke roll his eyes and take a seat in the chair next to him.

"Listen, before you take another crack at my face, I need to talk to you."

"And why would I want to do that? You're the reason why Ashton is in here." Calum stated blankly, putting his ear phone back in his ear which was the last straw for Luke. Luke clenched his fists and ripped the ear phones out of his ears and threw his phone to the ground before angrily grabbing Calum by the shirt and shoving him against the wall, earning gasps from nurses and a few other people in the waiting room.

"What the fuck is your problem?! I already know that it's my fault, I don't need you confirming it for me!" Luke yelled. A few nurses and doctors rushed into the room and tried to get Luke off of Calum but he wasn't having it.

"Get the fuck off me!" Calum screamed, trying to take another swing at Luke's jaw, but instead Luke pushed him to the ground, climbed on top of him and started hitting him whilst Calum's hands made their way around Luke's neck. It was like everything was in slow motion, people were yelling, the doctors were trying to pull him off, but all Luke could feel was adrenaline pumping through his veins. That was until he saw his mother staring at him wide eyed, holding a tray of food she must have gotten from the hospitals cafeteria. She quickly passed the tray to a stranger and rushed over to Luke. Luke tried to pry Calum's hands from around his neck, he was slowly losing focus on everything around him and started to choke as the air left his lungs. Calum was soon restrained and Luke dropped to the floor, exhausted. He took deep breathes in and out to get his breathing back under control. He only just noticed Liz kneeling down in front of him, he read her lips and it looked as though she was saying something to him. She didn't seem angry, just worried. Almost scared. Luke shakily stood from the ground with help from his mother and a few doctors and looked around the room. People looked horrified. The blonde boy looked at his knuckles, in which they were a tad torn up. He shook violently when seeing Calum's bruised and bloody face pop into his mind, he didn't do much damage but it was enough for him to be traumatised. Liz gently took his arm and pulled him out of the waiting room after saying a few last things to the doctors.

As soon as Liz got Luke out of there, she told him to follow her to the bus stop because Luke crashed the only car they had. It took a lot of forcing, he badly wanted to go back in and see Ash but he finally gave in and they made their way towards the bus stop. When the bus stopped at the traffic lights, she looked over at her son and frowned when seeing him looking out the window, occasionally wiping his eyes. Liz sighed and looked back towards the road when the traffic lights turned green. For the whole ride home Luke sat in silence, staring out the window and singing an All Time Low song in his head that instantly made him think of Ashton.