Chapter 79

A/N: Chapters in advance in Patreòn

Pa treon.com/HolyJoker

(20+ chapters in advance)

______

Chapter 79

***

"Your people are starving?... That's sad. " Sokka shook his head, looking at the Chieftain with a sympathetic look. "Well, I am sure you guys can handle it. After all, we did make a deal."

"Yes, but are you cruel enough to do this to starving people? It's not like I am unwilling to pay you, it's just that we are a little tight on food right now." Arnook reasoned. The leader looked sad while staring at the table.

This made Sokka frown because, for the first time, he wasn't able to tell what the Chieftain in front of him was thinking. Usually, until now, Arnook had an opening, a guard down, or was depressed. Putting him in a weakened state where someone like Sokka could read him like an open book.

'There will always be politics, wherever I go. Well, I do not mind them too much.' Sokka complained internally, in his mind, but in the end, he shook his head and sighed. "Listen, how should I say this in a nice way," he looked at the ceiling. "When you made the deal, you should have thought of your supplies before accepting."

"Back then, I didn't know, and was tired, my mind wasn't at its best." Arnook tried to express his remorse, but Sokka wasn't buying it. Unlike Aang, he wasn't a pushover. They had a deal, and he also had people to protect.

In truth, Sokka didn't know if Arnook was lying. He might be for all he knew. But even if it wasn't, it didn't matter to him. He knew that not getting food for his Tribe would end up with many of them emigrating after the war.

"Listen, I don't care," in the end, Sokka decided to be direct. He didn't want to negotiate this for days. "We had a deal, and I want the rewards sent home as soon as possible."

Arnook narrowed his eyes. "What if I don't? You're friends with the Avatar, doing anything bad could end up-"

"You have a beautiful daughter," Sokka's eyes turned deadly cold. "It would be a shame for anything to happen to her."

The Chieftain's eyes widened in shock, Arnook couldn't believe what he just heard. "Did you just threaten me?"

"Of course not, but if the reward you promised doesn't come through. Well, young girls die all the time, just slip and break their pretty necks."

After saying that, Sokka got up, concluding his discussion. He made it clear what kind of person he was.

"Stop!" Arnook yelled, making the young Southern Tribe boy turn around, his cold gaze still apparent in his eyes. "Boy, don't you dare threaten my family. Remember where you are."

Sokka only smiled, he knew that the old man was trying to insinuate that they had Katara here. If something happened to Yue, then his sister would end up meeting the same fate. But Sokka didn't mind at all. "Then you should remember who the people like more. Titles don't give you magical power, and a civil war would be bad during these times."

People loved Sokka, they thought him to be a competent young man, and he knew that. If he bid for the Chieftain's removal or incompetence, not everyone would agree, but having a civil war within the walls wasn't a good idea for now.

Arnook sighed in disappointment, to him this was just a negotiation, but Sokka turned it into much more.

**

'I will destroy him.'

That was the one thought that ran through Sokka's head. Arnook had proven himself untrustworthy, and he needed someone to take the reins in the Northern Water Tribe that was somewhat trusting. He didn't need to be friendly, just someone who held his part of the deal.

Sokka had been playing around with these d folk for long enough, and he didn't plan to keep doing so for too long.

***

As the last full moon settled past the sea, the sun rose, and every waterbender and warrior on the tribe stood ready. The Fire Nation ships raised their anchors and started moving, it seemed like there was no end to them, hundreds... no, thousands of ships.

Sokka was amidst the people in the wall and stretched casually, amongst the nervous soldiers, he seemed to be very relaxed. "Guys, once we kill these Fire Nation soldiers, do you wanna have a drinking contest? I have a fish I caught today and perfectly salted it, I can't wait to go back. By the way, if any of you survive, let's eat some of that fish together. Sharing is caring."

Ding!

[New Quest: Save the North!]

Sokka dismissed the notification after accepting it. He didn't care about Quests too much, as he would do what he wanted and knew that letting himself be controlled by these notifications wasn't a smart thing to do. "By the way, if we die, you owe me some money."

The soldiers chuckled at his words. Sokka smiled. "Jokes on you, we will all die one day, so you still owe me. See that's how you make a deal, you got screwed."

"That's why I am gonna live, and not let you eat even a piece of fish," a soldier finally got the courage to speak, with a smile on his face.

"Fuck that, go and die you bastard, nobody's touching my salted fish," Sokka said, insistent in keeping his fish.

"Fuck you Sokka, I am getting some of that salted fish no matter what," another guy added.

Katara, who was among the soldiers, frowned in confusion. "What crude words."

Aang on the other hand looked on in admiration. "He is amazing. Everyone has forgotten why they were so nervous. He makes it look so easy, calming them down in seconds."

Sokka of course didn't hear any of this and was concentrated with the fleet. He frowned when he noticed only one ship coming towards them faster than the others. It wasn't the royal ship and confused Sokka why that one ship was coming closer faster than the others. It would be a death wish for the members in it to do so.

Suddenly, like a lightning bolt, an idea struck him. "Oh~ Azula, you came up with another amazing plan."

Though his words sounded mocking towards the princess to anyone who heard him. In reality, he was executed, hoping that Azula would end up on his side. Having someone like her with him would have this war be won with almost 100% certainty.

Simply killing Oza won't end the war. It wasn't that simple. But these things can be solved differently.

Sokka's mind moved at speeds never thought before as he saw the ship approaching. "Everyone! Get off the wall!"

Usually, people would believe that the enemy made a mistake and sent a lone ship, which was the same as putting your hand in a lion's mouth. The enemy making a mistake would make the opponent seem incompetent. Who didn't want to believe that their enemy was incompetent? That sense of relief, happiness, and hope.

But Sokka was no fool, while he didn't know if Azula was even conscious due to the injuries she gave her. But there was one thing he was sure of, Azula was vindictive enough to not allow her men to do something stupid like this.

The people hurriedly got down from the wall, and Sokka did too, as soon as the ship got close and touched the wall, his [Sense Danger] Skill flared like never before.

BOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

The walls crumbled like paper, and everyone looked on in shock. If they hadn't moved, then most of the army would have died. Even the giant debris that started raining down would have killed many. But the waterbenders stood guard and handled huge chunks of ice that used to be part of the wall and turned them into water. Aang also made sure you try and help everyone, pushing them out of the way of an attack.

Soon the ships moved at top speeds and docked. Now it was time for war. The wall, the one that had been the biggest defense, that had held back since millennia against outsider attacks had crumbled down.

In truth, Sokka wasn't even surprised. Azula had a history with walls, and they were never able to keep her out if she wanted something.