Chapter 16 - Confrontation

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

(3rd Person's POV)

Izuku: *chuckles* "To answer your question, Uncle Nezu, I was Izuku Yagi."

The moment Izuku said that everyone froze as if they were encased in ice. How could they not? The person they had been searching for for the past 10 months just showed up at Japan's most prestigious school and effortlessly broke the No. 1 Hero's record. The prospective students' jaws dropped as a sense of astonishment flared up inside them, except for the Bakugo twins. On the other hand, the adults' suspicions were finally confirmed as Shota, Nezu, and Inko looked relieved, but All Might was still on guard since the possibility that Izuku had gone to All for One still existed. While the room was dead silent, Mordred sauntered into the room as the Bakugo twins looked at her with furious expressions.

Mordred: "Yo!"

Izuku: "This is my elder sister, Mordred Pendragon. Uncle Nezu, may she stay here while we have our conversation?"

Nezu: *smiles softly* "Permission granted. It's nice to see you again, my nephew."

Izuku: "Indeed it is."

He said as he walked over to Nezu's desk and gave him a firm handshake. He then turned to his uncle Aizawa and hugged him as they greeted each other while they were still hugging. After that, he went to the Todoroki twins and gave Shoto a firm handshake while thanking him for taking care of Izumi. He also hugged Shoka and finally arrived in front of Izumi, however, All Might spoke to him before Izuku could talk to Izumi as he and Inko bowed deeply.

All Might: "IZUKU, MY BOY. PLEASE FORGIVE US, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT REJECTING YOU AS A HERO WOULD LEAD TO THIS. I ONLY WANTED TO PROTECT YOU, BEING A HERO WOULD'VE BEEN WAY TOO DANGEROUS TO A QUIRKLESS PERSON."

Inko: "Please forgive us, my baby boy!"

Aizawa: *sighs* 'How irrational. Asking for forgiveness after ignoring him for more than a decade.'

Izuku: *glares* "...Your begging means nothing to me, you deceitful curs. The sight of the two of you makes me want to hurl because of the amount of hypocrisy, deceit, and contradictions that you two carry with your feeble bodies."

Mordred: *smirks* 'I haven't seen him this mad since the last time Anastasia and I fought.'

Inko: "Even so.. even if you hate us... Home hasn't been the same without you. Izumi barely talks to us anymore and the family is at its worst."

Izuku: *scoffs* "I am not some object that you can obtain or discard as you so choose, cretins."

Izuku then ignored them and walked past them as he turned to Izumi, who was still looking at him with her wide, green eyes. Izuku knelt at her level and smiled warmly as he spoke in a very gentle tone, a stark contrast to his previous one that contained his hatred and bloodlust.

Izuku: "Izumi, it's been a very long time since we last saw each other's faces."

Izumi: "Yeah... Whenever we called each other, *voice breaks* I-I never saw y-your face."

The tears that she had been holding in finally let loose as she hugged Izuku like he was going to disappear at any moment while she cried on his shoulder. He only responded by hugging her back and patting her head with his right hand as he kept saying comforting words to her. After a few seconds, Izumi calmed down enough to speak.

Izumi: *sniffles* "Wh-Why did you never show me your face whenever I called, Onii-sama?"

Izuku: *chuckles* "Well, I wanted to surprise you. I wanted to show you how much I changed, how much I grew. What, you didn't see this much change coming?"