three days

The wolf ran. He really did run.

There was never a single natural breeze in the forest. The trees never shook for no reason. That was the technique behind being able to read the forest. Every effect had a cause behind it, and in most cases, those that could make such a forest move, were not simple creatures.

The gust of wind that trailed behind him a good distance away, caused the trees to shake to a little extent. The wolf had rarely run that fast  in his human form.

He didn't understand why he was running but it felt appropriate. The heat that was burning in his ears was spreading to his chest and down his torso. Anyone with eyes would be able to make out the tomato red blush of his skin.

He didn't try to think about the situation, he simply ran, feeling awkward and embarrassed.

The sun shone brightly outside and at the edge of the forest but the depth of it only had a dim glow.

He found that he had raced to the edge of the forest and started to circle his territory to run some more.

Just then, he caught a whiff of an unfamiliar scent. It seemed masculine but before he could fully make out what it was, it was gone.

He felt a slight sense of alarm that caused him to pause his running and try to sniff out the scent . But no matter how much he turned in circles, he couldn't find the scent again.

Reluctantly, he put the matter aside that the scent might have belonged to a random passer-by. Even then, he wasn't very settled.

Into the night, Denise's heart wasn't settled. It hadn't been settled for the past few days. It's normal pattern had grown to be fast and irregular. At that moment, the fast pace of her heart was all due to the white spots on the floor of her makeshift tree house.

The tiny spots seemed to have some sort of intelligence. Her unawareness of the vastness of that intelligence made her weary, while their ability to actively move made her skin crawl.

S/N; Denise; *sees white spots that can move without legs*
Denise; *psychological damage*

But she didn't have time to feel uncomfortable. The other white spots around her were beginning to puff up so that that meant that the darkness would soon arrive. She directed the heat to one end of the cave, forcing the spots to the other. She carefully stepped into a corner and continued to push the spots towards the door.

One by one, they popped into a puff of fog. It lingered around, seeming to want to get away from the heat and go to Denise. After a while of what looked like indecision, it sipped out of the cave onto the forest floor.

She didn't bother waiting for all of them to leave. She simply closed the opening, first with a large leaf and followed by the stones. The remaining fog had to spill out through the cracks to escape the heat.

With the makeshift torch in her hand and anxiety becoming her bloodstream, Denise sat, patiently and silently watched the door. She could already picture the stones being flung to the other end of the tree and those golden eyes looking in at her.

If that happened, just burn the beast and move on.

She didn't wait to long. When the last of the fog was out, scratch marks were heard on bark of the tree. Animal sounds filled the air. Denise's eyes stayed glued to the doorway, waiting for the stones to be pushed away so that she can start to think of a way to defend herself.