Chapter Fifty-One

Chapter Fifty-One, 

You don't remember hearing this pounding sensation in your heart and yet feel comfortable

You don't remember hearing this pounding sensation in your heart and yet feel comfortable. A fast-beating, fluttering or pounding heart was never medically proven to be good, it could be a sign of Tachycardia, Heart palpitations, and ectopic beats. Also from your own experiences, having your heart race was always related to emotions such as fear and anxiety. But............ not since you met him

The masculine firefighter that turned out to be a rich heir who fooled with your both brain and heart showed you that a pounding heart doesn't always mean something bad, a heart can beat when excited, pleasured, or even confused. 

It happened first when he simply invited you to be his first passenger, you remember hearing your heartbeat loudly when he started the engine of his bike. Excitement with a little mixture of fear and happiness was all you felt. 

It beat again when he carelessly took your hand down the depth of the cold water of the pool, which was something you never thought you'll do. Pools and water generally trigger bad memories but at that moment it was nothing but pure happiness. 

 The third time happened quickly when your lips were touched for the first time, by him. The rhythm of your heartbeat was one you never heard. Everything was new and you didn't recognize your own thoughts and feelings at the time as if a million thoughts condensed into a moment.

After that, you don't remember- well lost counts is the right answer, yes, you lost count of how many times your heart beat faster, every time a new feeling and emotion. 

Even now it's beating with a bright new emotion, comfort

You can feel it inside your chest, beating fast yet slow as you watched Jungkook sleeping soundly next to you. 

You let out a deep sigh then slowly move and get up from the bed only to walk toward the huge window that showed the city that witnessed the darkroom of night develops into a clear picture of the dawn, you watched with the smile fading away from your face. You controlled your breath and fought every urge to go back and lay down on the comfortable bed watching Jungkook's face or even burry yourself inside his arms and stay there until all this is over. 

.

(Last Night)

"Would you like to sleep with me?"  You asked Jungkook the very moment you entered the hotel room again with him behind you, you turned to look at his reaction only to roll your eyes and let out a small laugh at his surprised expression, his eyes were wide and his mouth slightly open, and you swore you could see a pinkish color starting to be obvious on his cheeks. "I am not sure I will get used to your new personality, Jeon Jungkook! You switched from the suicide maniac with zero manners to this shy little boy just because I am no longer fooled by you? " You teased raising your left eyebrow when you noticed the way he rolled his eyes biting his lips as if he was stopping himself from saying something you wised to hear.