Chapter 13

•Dionne POV•

Once the boys got off the stage, I was starstruck. Their performance was shocking, hilarious and weirdly impressive, and I had... so many questions.

"What the fuck was that?!" Blaire laughed as the two of them approached us by the bar, looking proud and amused. I think her question perfectly summed up most thoughts we had on what just happened.

"Oh, that? That was just the best performance you'll ever see. You're welcome, by the way." Michael bragged with a wink, holding his hands up nonchalantly. Meanwhile, Calum was holding onto Michael's shoulder and laughing.

"So what, is 'The Summer Brothers' a trademarked name?" I asked playfully, watching Michael raise an eyebrow at me in return.

"You tryna steal it or something?" Michael crossed his arms over his chest, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Oh definitely." I nodded as seriously as I could, and he immediately broke character and let out a laugh.

"Well, fuck, you got me there." He said, shaking his head as I chuckled.

"It's actually a stupid band name Michael came up with for a school project we did years ago." Calum confessed.

"Dude, why you spilling all our secrets?" Michael scoffed with an exaggerated look of offence on his face. "You don't see me telling everyone that you shaved your head because of a dare, do you?"

"Well no, because it's not true, ya dick." Calum chuckled, shoving Michael in the arm as he did.

"Oh come on, it's kinda true." Michael rolled his eyes, leaning up against the bar.

"I wanted to shave it because it was damaged as fuck... The dare just gave me the initiative to go through with it." Calum pursed his lips, and Michael scowled at him then looked at me with a look on his face that said 'do you hear this guy?'

"He's so annoying." He huffed, and I giggled. Calum just ruffled up Michael's hair, making him let out a defensive 'hey!' before they both just laughed it off.  Then, Michael's attention was moved to Blaire as Calum stood at the bar next to where I sat, ordering a drink. I turned to talk to him as he was given his order, and at the same time he turned to face me with a drink in each hand.

"This is for you." He said, holding out one of the full glasses towards me and propping his elbow up against the bar where he stood.

"Oh- thank you." I smiled, taking the glass from him and taking a sip as he did the same - no surprise, it was rum and coke. Something about him always remembering that I liked that drink warmed my heart.
"Your singing was actually really good, Calum." I randomly pointed out whilst looking at my nails that wrapped around my glass - not just to avoid eye contact, but to overanalyse the nail polish I'd applied earlier in the day in an attempt to hide that I'd been biting at them.

"Oh - you mean that?" He asked, and I noticed that he actually sounded both surprised and bashful about it, which wasn't a tone I was used to from him.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I mean it? I know it was kind of a joke thing going on up there but you both sound like you can really sing." I admitted, and noticed Calum's cheeks reddening slightly as he smiled down at the bar.

"Well uh- thank you, I appreciate that." He nodded, pursing his lips and swivelling the glass in his hand, staring into the flowing drink inside. "Mike and I do that whole Summer Brothers thing as a joke mostly, but I do really like singing. I mean, I'm a music student but I don't get to sing a lot, and Michael loves music but it's not really a focus of his, so... yeah. I dunno where I was going with that." He chuckled to himself and I couldn't help but smile.