6

9:29 AM, SATURDAY | IHOP|CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

9:29 AM, SATURDAY
| IHOP|
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

DAYVON STARED HIS GIRLFRIEND OVER THE RIM OF HIS GLASS

DAYVON STARED HIS GIRLFRIEND OVER THE RIM OF HIS GLASS. Jayda was so pretty and so proper. He liked it, and she quickly inched her way into his heart.

He watched as her cheeks puffed out every time she chewed on the banana pancakes, and she did a little dance when she sipped on her green tea.

"It's good, baby?" Von smiled.

"Yes!" Jayda chirped, "Thank you for taking me here. It's really good. My parents are more of a Waffle House type, so this is my first time here."

He didn't care about the shit she was talking about. He just liked her voice enough to listen.

"That's good, folks. Aye, I wanna take you shopping today."

Jayda swallowed her mouthful. "W-Why?"

"Cause you ma girl, and I wanna buy you sum shit, boo."

She blushed, grabbing her mug of tea and taking a sip. Jayda had never had a boyfriend, so she was new to this. The compliments, the touches, the whispers of sweet nothings in her ear. She liked it.

Jayda just didn't know how she was going to tell her parents. Having a boyfriend was never the problem.

But who it was...they would kill her. Probably.

"You don't have to, Dayvon." Jayda whispered, "I just want to be around you."

His chest tightened at her words. "Nah, I'm finna drop a couple of racks on you, folks. Hurry up and eat dem nasty ass pancakes."

He smiled at her giggles, her white, straight teeth showing to him. Dayvon was knocked out of his thoughts when his phone buzzed.

Asian🖤
i miss u, baby.
come see me?
sent 9:34 am

ight lil folks.
i miss u too.
sent 9:35 am

Von wasn't trying to cheat on either of them, honestly. He wanted Jayda, but he knew to keep Asian on the side, mostly because he knew Jayda and him wouldn't work out in the long run.