Chapter 64: Serendipity At Its Finest

Song Quote: Know Me Too Well
"I spend my weekends tryna get you off My mind again, but I can't make it stop I'm tryna pretend I'm good, but you can tell 'Cause you know me too, you know me too well."
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
When one hides their wounds, that doesn't mean they don't bleed. To weigh one's pain over another beings is a naive way of thinking. Do we not bleed the same?

But we never know how much blood is spilled unless we walk in someone else's shoes.

...

The door let out a soft click, allowing the fire ninja through. It didn't take long to find Lloyd holed up in their shared room. He was on the floor sitting at the table in the middle of the room with his back to the door.

"There you are" Kai smiled when he saw the blondie. "Lunch is ready, you should come and eat."

Lloyd didn't bother looking at him, instead shrugging his shoulders. "I'll eat later" he mumbles and refocuses his attention on the box of broken porcelain pieces before him.

Kai grimaced with his hands on his hips. He didn't even need to read the room to know what's wrong with the green ninja today.

Lloyd was still sulking from that fight he had with his mother this morning at breakfast. The fire ninja doesn't want to recall the awkward tension that filled the room.

Sensing distress from a mile away, Zane helped set the table and then went right for the door. Wu kept quiet in his own world. Drinking his morning tea with his waffles.

Then Kai and Nya were trying to keep the peace between the mother and son, Cole and Jay were trying to finish their food as fast as possible so they could leave.

What were they fighting about? Lloyd and Misako have been butting heads so much it's hard to keep track.

Most of the time, it always goes back to the loss of Sensei Garmadon and the lack of (Y/n)'s presence.

Today, Lloyd's mother made a comment about the very teapot he's repairing right now. Misako dropped it the other day when they were moving boxes into the tea shop.
It was Garmadon's favorite jade teapot.

The fire ninja strode deeper into the room, taking a spot on the floor next to the green ninja to watch him work.

Lloyd didn't mind his presence, instead focusing on the pieces of green porcelain in his hands.

"What's up? Is there something you need?" Lloyd broke the silence without glancing in his friend's direction. Kai doesn't just do anything without a reason to.

The fire ninja leaned his head into his palm. "Just checking up on you bud. How are you holding up?" he asks in a more sincere tone than he usually uses.

"You don't need to check on me. I'm fine" Lloyd replies without emotion as he sighs. "It's nothing new" he mutters under his breath.

It went silent between the two before Kai hatched a new idea.

The fire ninja perked up saying "Hey, let's get out of the house today. You look like you could use some fresh air."

Lloyd raised an eyebrow "And do what? Patrol?" He was only half listening as he added more glue and held two broken pieces of porcelain together.

"Oh, we could go to that arcade in Ninjago city? I heard they added some new machines" Kai thought aloud as he couldn't stop the somewhat smug smile forming on his face.

"Or-"

"We could go visit (Y/n)?"

Lloyd's heart betrayed him. It jumped out of his chest making his hands snap the glues pieces of porcelain into more pieces.