Two

Jamie's pov

     Jamie stepped out of the small inn they were staying in fiddling with their bag as they walked, they were a block or two from the cafe, but they didn't mind walking, they just took they time to enjoy the chilly morning air.

     They were nervous to be meeting their new boss in person, she'd been nice over email, but they couldn't help but worry. What if they messed up? Or what if their boss didn't like them?

     So caught up in their worrying they almost walked straight passed the cafe, the only thing that had stopped them had been the fact that it was the only place with its lights on.

They took a deep breath, shoved their thoughts down and pushed open the door to the cafe wondering what would await them inside.

Myth's pov

     Myth turned on the mug warmers as they scrubbed the countertops around the kitchen. The place wasn't dirty by any means, it was just good practice to do so. Some of her recipes required the dough to sit overnight, so they were resting in the fridge. Everything else was mabe day of, but she decided to take a quick snack break and work on the front of the shop.

     The lobby was already prepped from the day before, but she still did a quick wipe down just in case. They snacked on a random granola bar they found while leaning on the front counter, facing the back wall. When the door was pushed open, the bell above chimed and startled Myth.

     "Sorry we're clos-" They started to say, but stopped as soon as the turned around. "Oh! Uhhh welcome in, you must be Jamie if my memory serves me right." Myth's face flushed with a bit of embarrassment, creating a gradient of pinks upon the apples of her cheeks. Her curled horns vanished from sight, starting at their base, when she moved to great them. The shimmer of her skin was still present, sparkling dimly as she stepped into a lighter area.

     "The name's Myth. Pleasure to meet ya." They extended a hand out toward Jamie.