25: Missing the Misery

Dearest Readers,

Another week another update ;) Thank you all for keeping up on the updates here. I will definitely keep updating every week for sure, and maybe there will be a few more sprinkled in here & there. This is a fun chapter to write, because we get to see a completely different side to Persie that I have been dying to write... the big sister :) 

Let me know what you think, don't forget to follow this story and/or follow me to stay tuned for all the future updates!

XOXO Ally Layne.

--- 

It was a few days until Christmas, and Persie was excited to finally have a reason to go back to New York for the holidays and see her family. When her mom reached out to her and asked her to invite the Winchesters, too- well, Persie felt a rush of both anxiety and excitement.

Anxiety, because the Winchesters were going to meet her mom.

Excitement, because the Winchesters were going to meet her mom.

It really was a double-edged sword.

Persie and the Winchesters were currently staying in a hotel in Kent, Ohio on their way to Manhattan to her mom and Paul's apartment. She was lounging on the couch in the room and swinging her legs over the side, humming Jingle Bells while she tried to focus on a book on lore that Sam asked her to read.

But Persie knew she was going to have to put her Holiday plans on hold when Dean walked into the shared hotel room with a grim look on his face. "What is it?"

Sam looked up from where he was on his laptop, doing some digging on local missing persons, but nothing was coming up too shocking to suggest there was any foul play going on. Or, rather, to suggest that there were any monsters on the prowl.

"Bobby called," Dean grunted, crossing his arms and widening his stance. "We have a job in Michigan."

Persie furrowed her brows. "Michigan?"

He nodded. "Apparently there's some disappearances in Ypsilanti, Michigan that he wants us to take a look into."

She sighed, laying back on the couch. "He wouldn't be sending us there if it wasn't serious."

The brothers shared a look. "We just know how important seeing your family is to you," Dean told her. He nodded to Sam before sitting at her side and smiling down at her. "If you want to go to New York instead, we can catch up with you after."

Sticking a finger to his chest with a glare, she spoke, "Dean Winchester, if you suggest I sit this one out, I'm going to drown you."

Sam let out a laugh. "Just let it go, Dean."

Persie nodded emphatically. "You're not gonna win this one, Winchester."

He rolled his eyes. "Since when is offering you time with your parents and little sister a bad thing?"

She pursed her lips, looking to see the sincerity in his eyes before letting her shoulders drop. "Fine. I'll go to New York, and you boys go check out what's going on in that town in Michigan. But if you guys run into any sort of trouble..."

"Call you?" Sam offered, looking over at her with a knowing smile. "Of course."

"If Bobby tells me you called him first, I'm going to make your lives miserable."

Dean snickered. "Good luck making it any more miserable than it already is."

She gasped dramatically. "Oh, really? So constantly being around your brother and me is so miserable?"