chapter 52

After another week of job search, still no luck. I've had more interviews this time around but none called back. I start to feel discourage with the whole thing. I really wish I could find something soon.

I'm alone in the house today. Karina and Travis wanted to spend the day taking care of Eva. They say it's like practice for when they have their baby. I thought it was cute.

I'm in the middle of applying to more jobs online when I get a notification on my phone. I'm surprise to see a text from Jessica.

Jessica: Hey. How is it going? I just found out that you're not in PEI and that you ended your relationship with Dana. It's been interesting here.

Me: hi! Yea I live with my sister now. I gave that girl a chance and so far it's been good

Jessica: I'm happy to hear that. I'm glad you've given her a chance. I'm also glad you left Dana. He's over here hating on me saying I'm contagious and I made you gay.

Me: he's an idiot. He ruined Eva's party, almost actually. Ryujin was able to save it.

Jessica: Ryujin is the name of your girl right?

Not gonna lie, before I would have cringed saying someone is my girl but I'm okay with it now as long as it's Ryujin.

Me: Yes. My family already approves of her actually. We're taking a trip to where she is in a couple of weeks.

Jessica and I would text for a bit, just catching up on each other. I honestly like Jessica. I think she's nice, it's a shame she has to put up with Dana.

After that, I decide to make lunch since I didn't eat breakfast. I just make a simple sandwich because I'm too lazy to actually make anything special. I get another notification and I thought who's texting me now? I look at my phone and slightly slap my mouth. It's Ryujin.

masteryu: Are you busy? Can I call?

I didn't like that text message. She never really ask if she could call first, she would just call. We have an understanding that we can just call each other but if the other doesn't answer then it means they're busy. So her asking first makes me feel anxious.

I don't bother replying and I just call her.

"Ello" she says.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask anxiously.

"No? Why?" She says confuse.

"Because you never ask first if you could call dingbat. You just call" I scoff.

"I'm sorry. I thought I'd change things up today" she laughs.

"You're lucky I love you" I say sounding upset.

"Very lucky indeed" she says making me smile.

"But there is a reason I called" she starts off.

"Okay" I say slowly.

"So, you're coming here in a couple of weeks. And I did promise Travis that I would take him to the Red Wings game. I'm wondering, do you want to go too? I didn't know if you would want to take Eva or if you're comfortable my mom could watch her if not then you can stay with mom? Or if you don't want to be alone with my mom then I can stay but before you make your decision I would really want to go to this game but if you don't want me to then I'll just have someone else take Karina and Travis to watch the game" she ask and I can sense she's a bit nervous.

"Why do you sound so nervous?"

"Well I didn't want you to get upset that you're visiting me then I leave you with my mom so I can watch a hockey game with your sister and her boyfriend" she says quickly.

"It's okay. I can stay with your mom if she's okay with that. I just hope we will get along and she'll think I'm good enough for you" I say.

"You're more than good enough. If anything, she might wonder what you're doing with me" she jokes.

"Ryu, I've been meaning to ask. Are you rich? I'm only asking because you flew to my hometown to visit me like it was nothing , you offered to pay for a lawyer if ever I needed one for a custody battle and you bought plane tickets for us" I meekly say.

"My family is well off, I guess you could say. They're not like extremely rich but we live comfortably."

"Ahh that makes sense. I was just curious. I'm sorry if it was rude to ask you that question" I say.

"Not rude at all. Ask about anything. I'd rather have you ask than to assume."

"Another thing, can you give me your address? So I can look for hotels nearby. I don't want to be a bother with your parents" I ask.

"No need to worry about the hotel. My mom says that you can stay at their cottage nearby. You'll like it, it's by a lake" she chuckles.

"That's too much, Ryujin" I say.

"Then take it up with my mother because it was her suggestion. I was gonna do the hotel thing but she says that's not how I should treat my girlfriend" I hear her laugh.

I laugh too, "Still can't believe I have a girlfriend."

"I still can't believe we just became one without having to go on an official date."

"Are you sure you're mom is okay with it? How about your dad?" I ask.

"Yes. It was my mom's idea so my dad doesn't care. He follows what my mom says. We were going to have you stay at vacant house in the property but then my grandpa would ask questions since we're neighbors with him" she says.

"Wait what? Vacant house in your property? Neighbors with your grandpa?" I ask trying to understand her living situation.

"My dad has a decent size land and there's 3 houses built on the land. One is my grandparents, one is a small house my great grandparents used to live in but now it's just vacant and the house I live in with my parents and sister" she explains.

"Wow" was all I can say.

"Don't worry I'll show you around when you're here but not sure if I'll introduce you to my grandpa though. I hope that's okay."

"That's okay. I love you" I feel like saying.

"I love you too" she says and I can tell she's smiling by the way she said it.

"I have to go though. I gotta get back on the job hunt. I'll talk to you later okay?" I say.

"Yes ma'am. Good luck on the hunt. I believe in you. Let me know if there's anything I can help with" she says.

We say goodbye then hang up. I go back to my room to revise my resumè and apply to more jobs. Crossing my fingers to hopefully land one.