Chapter 57

Author's POV

"So when are you planning to tell me that you and your boss are dating?" Eunhye raised her brow as she point at Seoyeon with her chopsticks.

Just like promised, Seoyeon took them out for dinner. They chose to eat at their favorite barbecue shack down the street. Ara is currently flipping the steak while the two are still having a friendly bickering.

"He's still courting me, okay? He just confessed yesterday." Seoyeon informed and lowered Eunhye's chopsticks with hers. "And please, stop pointing that thing at me."

"Sorry," Eunhye giggled bashfully, "But you two seemed so intimate already. I mean, I saw you kiss him on the cheek, you hug each other, and then he kissed your head." She bombarded, while Ara eyed Seoyeon's reaction.

"Uhm...." A tint of pink was seen on Seoyeon's cheeks, "Well, he is a sweet guy. He's very affectionate and clingy sometimes." She described and they can see how her smile never left while doing so.

"Let me guess," Eunhye initiated, "This is a celebration, am I right?" She asked and glanced at the two.

"Celebration for what?" Seoyeon asked curiously.

"Because our dear Seoyeon is going to have her first boyfriend!" Eunhye cheered and did a little dance on her seat, while Seoyeon tried to cover her face as if she's saying she doesn't know Eunhye.

"Aish, stop it!" Seoyeon tried to calm her friend down, and Ara just laughed on how chaotic the two are.

"Just admit it, you're already in love with him." Eunhye teased, "I've never seen you that comfortable with a man before. You let him hug and kiss you. You are even wearing his clothes right now." She gestured on Seoyeon's clothes, which are the ones she wore this afternoon.

"I agree with eonnie." Ara second the motioned Eunhye's statement, "And the smile you have while talking about him, tells a lot about your feelings towards your boss. And for the record, I grew up with you and you would always refuse to wear men's clothes."

"But, he's been courting me for just a day." She frowned, "What if I'm just overwhelmed with the treatment?"

"Why? Is there a standard how long a man should court someone?" Eunhye asked, and Seoyeon shook her head. "Just think about it. Taehyung has been courting you for years. He's been showing genuine interest, but did you feel anything towards him?"

"Uhm, I just really like him, but not as deep as love. It's more like a platonic love." She replied as she sighed.

"And what about your boss? He's been courting you since yesterday. Let's say he's also showing genuine interest. Do you feel anything towards him?" Eunhye asked, but this time it took a while for Seoyeon to answer.

"Well.... Yes, I do feel something.... Something different from what I feel towards Taehyung." She confessed and suddenly heard a snap from Eunhye.

"Then that's your call, Seoyeon. It means you do feel the same way with your boss." She concluded, while Ara nodded.

"You know, it's not bad to date someone and get to know more about each other at the same time. Who cares if he's been courting you for just a day, a week, or so? If you know to yourself that you love him, then why not give it a try? If it's not meant to be, atleast you gave it a shot." Ara advised, especially she had a past relationship like Eunhye.

"But it's a big deal for me. I want to date someone whom I will marry someday. I don't like to date someone then date another one after I broke up with the first one." She frowned, the two hummed.

"If you will be realistic, you will never know if he's the one unless you give him a chance." Ara commented as she cut the barbecues into bite sizes.

"Ara is right, Seoyeon. How will you know if your boss is the man who is perfect for you? Of course you need to date him first. Besides, from what I've had heard about him, he seems like a faithful person. He never loved anyone aside from his late wife and it took him years to open his heart again for someone, who is you." Eunhye points at Seoyeon before getting some barbecues and putting them in a perilla leaf.