I screwed up

Owen's P.O.V.

"Owen!" I hear a feminine voice call me from behind.

I turn around and see the previous Luna Hazel Wolfe (Jason's mother). She came right where we were standing. This was not in my plan.

"Luna!" Said Mr.Violet, "The entire Westwood family is here to inform the alpha about Owen's return."

"Oh really! How sweet of you. But Jason is not here right now. Why don't we have tea until he comes back." said Luna with her ever-present smile.

I froze, my mind stopped working. We can't do that, we really can't.

"Thank you for your generosity, Luna. But we are in a rush; Owen needs to unpack and settle before night." Replied my mom.

"Oh come one, Emma. How can you be busy for tea? And Owen is finally back after five years, I want to hear all the fun stories of Lunardale." Luna said and winked at me. Can she do that? I've never seen her doing something like that, I never even imagined it. And for a second I saw her kind smile turn mischievous. It was like she said 'if you know what I mean.'

My parents hesitated and looked at me.

"I guess it is fine to have a short talk," I said with a respectful smile. What was I supposed to do? I can't say no the Luna, I just can't.

"That's settled then."Said Luna as she started to walk. We followed her.

She lead us to another giant mahogany door, and the guards outside pushed them open when they saw us coming over. It was the study of previous alpha Gregory. He looked up from the book he was reading when he heard the door opening. And a genuine smile formed on his face when he saw us enter.

"Oh! What a lovely surprise it is." Said the alpha, ex-alpha, I guess.

"Yes. The entire Westwood family is here to visit the alpha. Because Owen is back." replied Luna with a cheerful tone. "Thank God I noticed them. Otherwise, they would have left without meeting the alpha." She added.

"I know I'm not the alpha anymore but you can at least visit me when you are in the packhouse, am I wrong, Larry?" said Mr. Wolfe (Previous alpha) looking at my dad.

"Certainly we should, but we were in a little hurry and we thought you might be busy." replied my dad.

"That's nonsense. By the way, How have you been Owen? I have so much to talk to you about. I hope you don't mind." Said previous alpha smiling at me.

"Not at all. It would be my pleasure alpha." I replied while bowing.

"Oh please. I'm not the alpha anymore. Call me Gregory or Mr.Wolfe. Whichever you prefer."

"Then I'll call you Mr.Wolfe," I said with a shocked and confused look.

"Oh! We have a lot to talk about. First, have a seat." Said Mrs. Wolfe.

We all took seats and they all started shooting their question at me, about my health, my study, my work, life at Lunardale, and so on. I tried to reply to them the best I could.

I looked at the time on my mobile and it was already 6:15. Jason should be back by now, but if he was back someone must have noticed Mr.Wolfe. So, this means he is not back but he could come any minute. We need to leave, now. But after a while, the conversation turned into legal things and my parents conversed in the talk.

"um, I think it's getting pretty late. We should not keep them busy for long." I said looking at my parents. The sudden realization hit them.

"What are you talking about. You are not keeping anyone busy." Said Mrs. Wolfe.

"No. no. we should take our leave. We also have some work we need to finish before tomorrow and Owen should unpack today." My mom replied. And we then greeted them and started to leave.

"It's already 6:15. We are lucky Jason is still not back. we need to get out of here as soon as possible." I said to my family when we were away from the study in the hallway. We all were speed walking to the gates. And other people were giving weird looks to us. We neglect them all and kept doing what we were doing. We reached the main hall and so many people were there standing, talking, walking, and running in each direction. Most of them were the workers in the packhouse, I could tell them apart from the uniform they were wearing but there were many pack members too.

"They are waiting for the alpha." My dad said when he saw me wondering.

We kept walking and made our way in the direction of the main gate. Finally, I could see the doors, they were wide open. 'We need to hurry,' I said to myself. We were now in the middle of the hall and straight ahead was the door. A small smile formed on my face. I guess luck is on our side today.

But then everyone suddenly stopped whatever they doing. The hall which was buzzing with the people talking suddenly fell dead silent. Everyone was frozen in their place, and then almost around ten giant figures entered through the main gates. People were giving them a way to pass. I could not see their faces because of the crowd and the sunlight coming from their back through the door. They looked like giant shadows walking straight at me. And then it hit me, the familiar scent of cedarwood with mint and hint of cocoa hit me. Vlad who have not talked to me for five years started to howl like crazy. I could feel the pain he was feeling, I could feel he was in despair, he was broken, he was lonely, his skin was covered in bruises. It was like someone tied him at the depth of hell and lashed him continuously for a century. I could feel all the pain, it was hurting me all of the sudden. And the smell was getting more and more intense I know who it was. Jason. He arrived. I'm screwed up. I screwed up.

Author's note:

Three chapters  in a week. I'm on fire. 

Btw do you know the story reached 16th place on bxblove last week? I seriously can't believe this. 

Thank you guys for reading this story. I hope you like it and keep reading it and I don't disappoint you. I'll try my best.

Love you all.

P.s. @TarynsAmazingWife, You know how I love all your comments. So I thought I should also do something for you. Hence, there will be a gift for you in the next chapter. I hope you'll like it.