Chapter 5: A delicious gift

Reggie stepped through the portal; adjusting himself once he got to the other side. He touched the ground, looked up at the sky, and flew to the village. He was excited. Today was a free day for him, plus he was excited to see Luisa. Reggie arrived at the Encanto and began to look for her.

"Hey, Reggie. What are you doing here? Did you forget a delivery?" "Hi Mirabel, and no. No, I did not. Today is my day off." Reggie replied. Mirabel looked at the demon with some confusion "So what brings you here?" She asked curiously. The demon boy slightly blushed "I came to see Luisa. I mean I made something for Luisa. I mean I came to see Luisa because I made her something." Reggie quickly and nervously said. Mirabel raised her eyebrow; staring the demon down. "Speaking of Luisa. Do you know where she is?" Reggie asked, trying not to make eye contact. Mirabel looked around "I'm not sure. She might be moving a building, check near the construction." "Thank you." Reggie gave a quick bow and ran over to the construction site.

"Thank you, Luisa." Luisa placed down a pyramid stack of bricks in front of the partially built house. She nodded at the person thanking her. Suddenly she felt someone tap her on the shoulder, she quickly turned around. It was Reggie. She was a little flustered and surprised. "Reggie, hi! What are you up to? I mean what are you doing here?" She asked, leaning against a house, trying to look calm and collected. "You. I'm here to see you." Luisa was confused at the demon boy's statement. "I see. What can I do for you?" She asked. The demon put his hands up and waved them in protest "Oh no-no. I don't need anything. I um- it's in my bag." Reggie rummaged through his bag, fumbling with the bottle he pulled out. "I know you work hard, and I thought you might like a cold beverage. Because staying hydrated is important." Luisa smiled at this, she had never had someone give her a gift who wasn't from her family. Reggie handed her the bottle "It's manticore mix. It's a cold fruit drink." He said. Luisa politely took the bottle and drank the whole thing. "It's amazing. Thank you, Reggie that was sweet of you." Luisa said as she slightly blushed and looked away.

Reggie looked away flustered, rubbing the back of his head. "It's no trouble. I see you work hard, and you know I figured that this is the least I could do to say thank you. I know I don't live here in the Encanto but you're a lovely person to talk to so I just." He stopped himself from saying any more "I'm sorry. I started rambling." "No, it's ok. I like rambling. I mean I like hearing you ramble. I like hearing you talk." Luisa replied quickly with a slight hint of awkwardness. Reggie blushed, he didn't know what to say. "Come on, Brain, think of something. Anything." He thought, "Your voice is lovely." He blurted out. "Why that!?" Reggie's inner voice screamed. "You think so?" Luisa asked "I do! It's very calming." The demon replied. "Ok, ok, ok. Luisa be cool. Be calm. Don't freak out." Luisa thought as she was adjusting herself. "Thank you. I've never been complimented this much before." Reggie tilted his head in confusion. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Luisa! The donkeys got out. Again!" A man yelled out. "On it! I'm sorry I have to go." Luisa said with a sad tone. "I understand. If you want, I can make you another drink tomorrow?" "I'd like that." Reggie nodded in response. As Luisa ran away Reggie yelled out "Good luck with the donkeys!" Luisa gave him a smile and a wave "Thank you!" Reggie's face turned bright pink and his heart began to beat faster. "Wow." He whispered to himself. 'I should get going. Otherwise, Earl will not let me hear the end of it' he thought before taking flight to head back to the monster realm.