Not So Sweet Home

(Y/N POV)

It was 530. Jay wanted them back at 6 for adjustments and a surprise. I knew I couldn't just keep them home with me, but it was taking everything I had not to. Sun was laying on my lap and we were watching tv. I was lightly playing with the rays on his face, trying to hold back tears.

"Why do you keep checking your phone sun flower, is something worrying you?"

"No.. it's not that"

"Is it almost time to go..?"

I nodded, and he put his head back down on my lap, I guess pretending like he didn't hear what I just said. I wanted to pretend like I didn't notice the time at all, but if I lost this job I would lose them all together, and that would be the last thing I would want. 

I let him lay there a little longer, trying to ignore that this would probably be our last moment like this for a long time. Everything about it felt so wrong. 

"Hey Sunny, it's time to go.. we need to pack everything you brought and head out"

The silence of the room was sharp, and uncomfortable. He didn't respond at all.

I lightly lifted his head up, and walked to my room to start getting his things. I brought out his real outfit to change back into. He stood up slowly to change, and I went to pour myself some water. When I came back, he was in my room, getting all of his things, but moving very sad and slowly. He saw me and handed me something. It was his doll that he brought with him.

"It's my favorite, you can keep it."

I took it from him and went into my closet to get my childhood doll to give to him. It was a rainbow that had a big smile on it. 

"Here, you can have my favorite too"

He looked at it for a moment, then tucked it under his arm and got the rest of his things and grabbed my uniform so I could slip it on before we left. He left the room and waited by the door while I got changed. I slipped on my shoes and took a moment before leaving. I didn't want Sun to see I'm upset, because I didn't want to upset him anymore than he already clearly was.

I left my room, and headed for the door where Sun was. I looked out the window, and no one was outside so it was safe to go. I walked him to the car and opened the door for him. He climbed in slowly as if he didn't want to. I hopped in the drivers seat and texted Jay that we were on the way. Once I sent it, I looked over to see Sun with oil dripping from his eyes.

"Oh Sunny, it's okay."

I took his free hand in my hand, the other one was holding the doll I gave him. 

"It was just all so happy here.. it made me realize how it's not so happy at the pizza plex. I never even get to leave the same four walls, you showed us things I would've never known existed.. and I just don't ever want to go back. I want to stay here with you."

There really wasn't anything for me to say. He was right. It's funny how you can make something to have so much personality but trap them in the same place. It didn't feel right. I just leaned over and kissed Sun on the cheek.

"I know."

I played with his fingers and began to back out of my parking lot. The car ride was silent. I kept on hand on the wheel, and one hand interlocked with his. The closer we got, the tighter his grip on my hand was. I hated this for him, and I hated there was nothing I could do. I am sure he felt way more helpless than I did. 

When we pulled into the pizza plex, it felt like he was going to rip my hand off. He began to sob and begged for him to stay with me. I was having such a hard time keeping it together for him.

"Sunny, if you stay with me, they will find you and take you from me, and I will never be able to see you again"

"It's just not fair, I want to spend forever with you like this"

"I know Sunny.. I do too. But if you walk in this upset Jay will think somethings wrong. I promise we will spend more time together, I will figure it out. Christmas and my birthday are coming up soon, I promise we will figure it out"

I got some issues and wiped his tears away. I kissed him one more time, which made him stop crying. I just couldn't stop thinking about how this might be the last personal moment like this I would have with him. 

I walked around the car to help him out. I helped him carry his things, and held his hand while walking in. Jay was waiting for us by the entrance. He was squeezing my hand hard, but keeping a smile on his face.

"What's up Sun? Did you have fun with Y/N?"

Sun just nodded his head with a smile, and I did too.

"They didn't cause you too much trouble did they? I'm sure you're glad to bring them back"

"No.. not any issues at all actually" I could feel Sun looking at me waiting for a better answer.

"They we're actually perfect, part of me wants to keep them all for myself. They make my apartment a lot less lonely, you know?"

Jay looked confused and stared at me for a moment before doing anything else.

"Sun, I have a surprise for you that I've been working on in the d

ay care. I think you'll love it. You'll probably want to see too, Y/N" 

Jay smirked at me and I was confused. Sun pulled my hand towards the day care and looked at me with anxiety behind his eyes. Jay followed behind us.

When we got to the day care, I heard humming from behind the doors, which confused me. Sun stopped in his tracks and his face dropped completely. Something wasn't right. 

"I knew you would be surprised Sun! Go ahead, open the doors!"

Sun hesitated, and looked at me with more panic than I had ever seen him have before. He opened the door slowly, and what I saw behind the doors shocked me. 

"Oh you're finally here my little Sun flower!", said a animatronic flower, with purple petals all around her face. 

She skipped towards Sun, and planted a kiss right on his lips and hugged him tightly. 

Sun hugged her back. I felt my blood boil.

"That's Mrs. Petal, Sun's girlfriend we used for busy seasons, but she got decommissioned awhile back. Sun looks so happy!"

I turned from Jay, and back to Sun who was smiling brightly back at her.