Chapter 4: Crazy Lunch

(Peter P.O.V)

We just finished a whole plethora of Looney Tunes and Morgan was playing with her dolls. "I like this one because she's wearing a pink dress" she said as she showed us a Barbie doll, I smiled but I heard rumbling, "What was that?" Wanda asked worriedly. I was embarrassed because that was my stomach. "That was me, I'm starving, I know a place that has the best sandwiches" I said, Wanda looked at me and Morgan nodded at her, "Okay then, I trust you" she said and grabbed her purse. "C'mon Morgan" I said and she ran for my hand. Wanda grabbed Morgan's other hand. We left the room and locked the door, I carried Morgan down the stairs as I asked the girls something, "Okay, if you two were animals which one would you be?", Wanda laughed a little and Morgan instantly answered, "A kitty!", I looked at Wanda with a curious look on my face, "I would prefer to be a horse" she answered honestly, I then thought of an answer, "I would be a bunny, just for the hopping, and the lucky foot" I said. Wanda smiled at that, as we walked down the street we got into some weird subjects, " I'm telling you, I accidentally threw a pie at someone during a contest" I said, "No way, really" Wanda said, "What happened after that?' Morgan asked, "I told them that it was an accident, but they ended up shoving a pie in my face, it tasted good though" I said.

Morgan and Wanda laughed a little as we approached the store, it was called Delmar's Grill and Deli, "Hey Mr Delmar!" I yelled, "Hey hey, Mr Parker, glad to see you aren't alone anymore" he said, I still frequent this place even after all that happened, Mr Delmar and I got to know each-other again. "I'm Wanda Maximoff, and this is Morgan Stark" Wanda said and Morgan waved, "So a number 5 for Parker and what do you ladies want?" he asked us, "Can I have a Turkey sandwich with Lettuce and mayonnaise please?" Wanda asked, "What would you want little lady?" Delmar asked Morgan, "Can I have a cheese and ham sandwich with ketchup please" Morgan said, "Coming right up" Delmar said and went to the kitchen. We sat down at a nearby table, "I still frequent this place, and he only knows that I'm a dropout and that you and Morgan are with me" I explained, "He's nice" Morgan pointed out, Wanda smiled "This is the first time I felt normal in a long time" she said, "Me too, but hey lets not dwell on that" I said, "I'm just wondering about Pepper, I mean she wouldn't just leave her daughter in such an impromptu manner" Wanda said, "Yeah true, she loves Morgan like heck" I said being careful not to cuss. Delmar called us over, "Orders up!" he yelled and I grabbed the sandwiches. 

Morgan laughed happily as I sat back down with our sandwiches, "So honestly, somethings been tickling my mind, when I looked you up it said you were born in 1989, but how old are you?" I asked, "They messed up my birth certificate, I'm actually born in 1998, since it's Sokovian, they get numbers backwards all the time, I let them know a few days ago, so don't feel weirded out" she explained, I breathed a sigh of relief knowing I was allowed to be myself around her, mostly because she was young like me. "I'm 23 as of last month, so you don't have to make it weird" Wanda said. I was eating my sandwich as Morgan started singing a song. "Wow, you're good kiddo" we heard Mr Delmar say, making us smile and Morgan giggle. But I was still wondering about Wanda, "So did you manage to find Vision?" I asked, Wanda looked down and looked sad. "I couldn't, he's changed from the Vis I fell in love with. He's gone" she said. I felt bad for her, but Morgan interrupted the moment "I lost my daddy" she said. Wanda and I looked at her, we all knew what it was like. I smiled at the two girls in front of me, "You guys are the best" I said and Wanda smiled at me. But all that changed when a crash happened outside, Wanda got up, "Peter, you take Morgan back the the apartment, I'll go see what happened" she said, I took the sandwiches and Morgan home in a cab, but I was kind of worried, since the whole Multiverse thing I've become super paranoid, and Wanda's never been out on her own since her fear of hurting the people of New York.

(Wanda P.O.V)

I flew to investigate the huge noise and I saw a woman, she was dressed in a black and white leather suit. I transformed and went to face her, I knew I could kill her, but I kept a level head. "Hey, where do you think you're going?" I said. The woman laughed, "Away from you" she said, I stopped her and took the bag she was holding , "Diamonds, really?" I said. Then she launched herself at me and decided to strike me with her claws. "FELICIA!" we both looked and saw Spider-Man approaching. "Aah, there's the spider" she said, "You promised you wouldn't go back to stealing" he said, I was appalled "I make no promises spider, but it seems you have more arm candy than before" she said and lifted up Spider-Man's mask, and she kissed him aggressively. It took all I had not to obliterate her right there, instead I threw her off and she looked at me angrily, "Well it wasn't a total loss" she said before jumping away, I was still holding the bag of diamonds and Peter got up and put his mask back on, I read his mind and he was disgusted beyond belief, it was clear that he hated that cat a lot, but for a reason I won't ponder.