The Beginning

BEEPPP BEEPPP BEEPPP

A long and loud ringing from my alarm shows it's 5.30 which indicates I should migrate my body from the cozy king-size bed.

*Phone call ringing*

"Good morning, Ms. Jamie. What time should I pick you up?"

"7," I said with a big yet silent yawn from waking up in the foggy morning.

"Alright. Iced Latte or Iced Americano for today?"

"Americano, please."

"Okay..."

*End of call*

Edmund is 30 years old and has been working as my secretary for 5 years now but his clock in time never changes neither his question. I took over the Stars Group 4 years ago after dad fall sick. My life never has any interesting things, except I have too much money but can't throw away these not beneficial parasites from my body.

"Ugh, I hate rainy days," I said with the bang sound from closing the window too hard.

SREEETTTT – taking out my yoga mat for a quick 10-min stretching by following the instruction from online videos. Arrrghhhh- scream from my 27 years old petite woman body due to non-stop working for 12 hours. "I should ask Edmund to find me a treadmill and put it in my office"

*Message phone notification*

*Checking on my phone*

"Alright, 2 meetings today and 1 doctor appointment'"

*Sigh,* "It's been 4 years, but this disease just can't stop loving me and my body."

I am diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma when I was 23 years old. Yes - you heard it right, just 23 years old, a new freshman in college that was supposed to have a bright future waiting, but everything turns to dark once I received the health report. It doesn't stop until there. Before I could tell my dad about it, Edmund came to me with a great surprise that my dad falls into a coma. I should take care of the company, leave my ex-boyfriend and fight on my own ever since then.

Alright, no time to recall the past, let's start another beautiful day for today, Jamie *with optimistic sound in my head*. The sky starts to look brighter, although it's still drizzling, the lights of the city slowly gone. I am grabbing my bathrobe and ready to shower with hot water.

"Nothing is better than taking a hot shower in a cold morning"

*Phone notification* [Edmund: I am here, Miss]

...

I saw Edmund figure as soon as I walk out of the elevator. A guy with a full set of formal clothes in black and wearing glasses holding an iPad, and the other guy with the black glasses is my driver.

"Morning, Miss. " *opening the door*, said Tim, a loyal driver for the past 10 years in my family that used to be my dad's driver and now mine.

"Morning. Your glasses look nice today" *going inside the car*

"Thank You" Tim replied with a small smile on his face.

"Here's your Americano and this is your bubble gum," said Edmund, showing off as the talented and professional secretary.

"Thanks ~" Taking a sip of Americano makes my brain fully awake during

"I managed to book your appointment with Dr. Charles at 2 PM later. He is an infamous doctor but able to treat cancer patients well. I know that you don't want a famous doctor to treat your illness because you are scared that board members and media will know about this. But I must say again that you need to be healthy to keep the company running well, Miss. You -"

"Alright, stop there, Edmund. There's no further discussion for this. As long as it doesn't spread quickly, I can still look healthy another 5-10years time." I replied while drinking my ice Americano

*Sigh,* Edmund shows a sad expression that he always did whenever I changed my attending doctors, simply because there's no improvement at all.

"Alright, if this one also doesn't give a slight improvement, I will go to whoever doctor that you will recommend me OK" I reply with a convincing tone.

*Edmund nods quietly*

I am dressed up in a complete black today with a small red color handbag that I got from one of the sponsors. As soon as I step out of the car, I am greeted by 2000+ employees on 5 floors of JS department store and 44 levels of offices. One of the most famous department stores located in the center of the city with more than 700 shops located inside. I walk elegantly while Edmund standing beside me, preparing to tell me about my schedule in detail for today.

"The first meeting today is to talk about the launch of the new subsidiary company for entertainment agency and continued with the meeting about the expansion of JS department store"

" *sigh,* such a great way to start a blue Monday"

"What would you have for lunch later, Miss? You will have about 2 hours break time during lunch"

"Hmm... Just get me a waffle with chocolate ice cream on top. Remember -"

"It must be Dark Chocolate" Edmund replies as he knows all my preferences towards food.

Finally, level 49 - the highest level for my own office to view the entire city, but no time for that today. I quickly put my bag and go to the meeting room as everyone is waiting for me.

NOTES:

Hi Everyone! Thank you for taking your precious time to read the story from this novice writer. I will try to update this daily to keep you entertained! Do let me know your honest opinion about the story (whether I'm going too slow, the story makes no sense at all, or anything you would like to see from this story)

*Sending virtual hugs and love to all readers!*