37 In Arnav's Room

Part 37 In Arnav's room

Arnav gazed at Khushi contently. She left the place hurriedly. She came to Garima. She was fixing the bedsheet on the bed.

"Didn't you have coffee Khushi?"

"Yup...What made you come to your daughter's house?" Khushi asked.

Garima sighed.

"Shashiji wanted to come to Mumbai. People keep on asking him about you, Khushi. We knew nothing about Arnav and we agreed to this marriage only because you liked Arnav. After your wedding, we didn't come to your place. We don't even know where are you residing. How could we be like that, Beta? At the time of your wedding, Damadji looked so rigid. He didn't even talk a word with us. We were so worried about you. Being your parents, how could we be happy sending you to Mumbai with your husband about whom we knew nothing?"

Khushi was silent.

"Shashiji decided to come to Mumbai to know about you and Damadji"

Khushi looked at her plainly.

"We just wanted to know whether you are happy"

"I'm happy Amma"

"I understood that after seeing Damadji in the airport. Thank god, he is not like what we thought." Garima said feeling relieved.

Khushi smiled.

"You asked me to give saree to your mother-in-law..."

Khushi nodded yes.

"I went to meet Ratnaji. At the same time, Damadji called Ratnaji. Ratnaji told him about my presence. He talked to me on phone and asked for your Babuji's number. He called Shashiji the same day. You have no idea how happy we were. More than that, he invited us to Mumbai. We readily agreed as we were waiting for the chance. He sent us tickets and made us amazed"

"He sent you tickets?"

"Yes... he sent our tickets"

"What about Babuji's business?"

"Is it more important than you or what?"

Khushi sighed.

"Damadji told Shashiji that he will help him to look after that"

"How could he look after Babuji's business?"

"Damadji's father is helping us"

"Doesn't Ratna aunty know about your arrival?" Khushi asked.

"She knows"

"But she didn't say anything to me..."

"Damadji asked her to keep it as a surprise"

Khushi sighed. She knew Ratna won't dare repugnant Arnav.

"I'm very happy as you came to Mumbai to be with us," Khushi said.

"We are happier than you because Damadji is a nice man," Garima said gladly.

Khushi nodded yes.

"Let's go to the kitchen. I will prepare dinner for you" Garima said.

"I almost finished Amma. You wait. I will complete it"

"You would be tired"

"That's ok, Amma... we used to it"

"We?"

"Mmmm... Arnavji knows cooking. We cook alternatively"

"Really?" Garima asked unbelievably.

"This is really heartwarming. Is Damadji that much understanding?" Shashi who came out of the washroom asked excitedly.

"Haan, Babuji. He used to cook before our wedding but he has not stopped doing that after our marriage too" Khushi said proudly.