15. EVERY UNIVERSE

GOY2
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: EVERY UNIVERSE

GOY2CHAPTER FIFTEEN: EVERY UNIVERSE

hate was a strange emotion. until this very moment, aurora believed that she only hated few things; wasps, mosquitoes, holes in socks. but now, as she sat between stiles and scott in the sheriff's office, timid eyes glancing upwards at scott's father every few seconds, she was more than sure that she hated this man.

his questions were fruitful and plain, he was an awfully shocking detective. stiles would have been much more fitting for his job, but she would never say that out loud. the man in front of them already looked as though he wanted to bite their heads off enough. "so, when did you get there?"

the rough pad of stiles' thumb brushed over aurora's knuckles, a calming motion that had her shoulders sagging and her eyes drooping slightly. his warmth seeped beneath her skin and eased the tension in her brittle ivory bones. this seemed to be second nature to stiles — the questioning, the lying, the stone cold faces. aurora, on the other hand, had a much harder time following the script and matching the words of her counterpart. she thanked her lucky stars that stiles was willing to do the talking for them. "at the same time." the words rolled effortlessly off his tongue, a rogue smugness almost crawling onto his lips.

"at the same time as who?"

scott piped up from aurora's left. "at the same time as me."

"by coincidence?"

stiles' brow furrowed, free hand picking uselessly at the thread on a pillow belonging to his father's office. noah sat behind the desk that scott's father leaned upon. the sheriff seemed almost nonchalant, his expression just as bored as their minds at the repeated questioning. "what do you mean by coincidence?"

"that's what i'm asking you." he explained, pushing his aged hands into the air to exaggerate his words. "the two of you arrived at the same time."

a correction. "three."

"hm?"

"i was with stiles." aurora muttered from besides said boy, fingers becoming tangled with his longer ones. "i'm always with stiles."

his boyish grin couldn't be missed. stiles raised his eyebrows at rafael, almost as if challenging him to question the idea that someone like stiles would end up with someone like aurora. the line of argument was something that the latter always detested, because she was undeniably assured that she would love stiles stilinksi in every universe, no matter the changes.

"alright, the three of you. was that coincidence?"

scott leaned back, "are you asking me?"