Four

Myth's pov

"Nah you're good. I don't exactly have a schedule as it's, just me nowadays.." Her tone shifted a bit at the end, hinting towards some sadned emotions. But Myth cleared her throat and returned to a normal speaking voice.

She noticed their elvish ears moving on their own, which made her smile. Myth wasn't very familiar with the meaning of the movements, but from what they know about some other races that have come through town they were hopeful that it was a good thing.

Myth gestured for Jamie to follow as she pushed the thin wooden countertop up to create a gap that led to the back area.

"So that was the main lobby area. The tables aren't perfectly lined up but I'm not to worried. They'll get pushed around all day anyways. Then there's the coffee machine section hereee. This is a popular area for the first few hours, but I wouldn't put you there yet unless ya wanted to. I'm not that mean haha." Myth laughed at herself while scratching the back of her head.

The coffee station was about the size of a small apartment kitchen, with just enough space for two to work side by side. There were two custom machines as well that housed, sanitized, and warmed the cafe mugs sitting on in the counter close to the register. They looked to be thrown together with a variety of miscellaneous appliances.

Jamie's pov

Jamie shock their head slightly almost shuttering at the thought of working in a busy section, so many people, too many people. "I ah, I think I'd prefer to work in... In the back..." They paused before continuing, their mind going in circles. "I-im not really a... a people person, per say." They avoided Myth's eyes, their ears fluttering down ward as they spoke.

     Their emotions were flickering back and forth from excited to nervous. They twirled their hair around their fingers with one hand the other twisting into the light blue fabric of their shirt. Would she be ok with them not wanting to interact with to many people? What if she'd wanted to station them in the front of the house? Jamie was a nervous ball as they waited for a response from Myth.

Myth's pov

Myth was aware of the discomfort that Jamie expressed, but was unsure on how to provide effective comfort. She reached out and lightly placed her hand over theirs  that was tangled in their shirt fabric. With a gentle squeeze, she said "Hey it's no problem. I understand. Why don't we uh.." Myth looked around for a moment, thinking about what to say next, "..why don't I show you around the kitchen?" She gave her best attempt of a gentle smile, with her canines peeking out from her lips.

The lights were soft white, just bright enough to see whatever was being worked on. Myth has some light sensitivities, so she plays it off as 'aesthetic purposes' if ever questioned.

It was a well stocked kitchen; the counters were a light birch wood grain, with neatly organized baking equipment lining the walls. Ingredients were stored in tall clear snap locked containers and labeled on the outside with a name sticker. Salt was the only thing missing from the main area, having it contained on its own shelf in a lock box above. There was also not an ounce of iron anywhere around the kitchen. She wanted no one to have access to something that would severely damage her in an attack.

The back of her shirt had slid down a tad, exposing some of the deep discolored scaring on her back as they walked in front further into the kitchen. "I have a pretty simple system back here, so I'm fairly confident you'll have no problem adjusting to how you may want your space." She said while cracking open the fridge to find a drink, still with her back turned.

"Oh, do you have a favorite or some favorite goods you enjoy making? I don't have a very diverse menu so I was thinking you might like to have some freedom adding goods."