Chapter 42

*Authors note: the next couple of chapters will be bouncing back from everyone back at Hogwarts POV to Fred and Trista's POV:) I hope you all enjoy!*

~

"Fred. Fred wake up. Fred please wake up." Tris whispered to the unconscious Fred. "Uhhhhh." Fred groaned as he turned over on his side and grabbed his head. "Oh thank God." she said as she let out a sigh of relief. Fred then slowly opened his eyes and looked around at the unfamiliar surroundings. As he looked around he finally just realized that Tris was sitting right next to him on the cold hard ground.

"Tris!" Fred said as he leaned over and wrapped her up in his arms. "Oww." she said as Fred squeezed her a little too tightly. "Oh crap, I'm sorry." he said as he let her go. Once he pulled away from her, he realized she was in worse conditions than he thought.

Her clothes were ripped and she had scratches and bruises all over her face and body. "The hell Trissy!" Fred said as he pulled her closer and examined her, wiping the blood from her cheek. "It's okay Fred. I'm okay." she said as she grabbed his hand and moved it from her face. "What the hell happened?" he said frustratingly.

"Well, last I remember, we were in the courtyards and I must have blacked out, and that was it for me. What about you? How the hell did you get here?" she said with a stern look on her face. Fred then shuffled and sat up straight and cleared his throat.

"Well, when you blacked out, Greyback snatched you up. All of the Deatheaters were about to apparate, but I jumped and grabbed ahold of Dolohov before they did. So I'm guessing I apparated with them and they- well, you know- knocked the hell out of me when we apparated here." Fred said with a slight chuckle at the end.

"Must you find humor in every situation we go through?" Tris said as she nudged his arm playfully with a slight smile on her face. Right before Fred could answer, the door at the top of the stairs opened slowly. The bright light from the top, blocked Tris and Fred's view and they couldn't see who it was coming down to them.

Fred then stood up quickly and grabbed ahold of Trista's wrist and pulled her up to her feet. He then put his arm around her and pulled her around behind him, trying to shield her like George did that day in the diner. Tris held on tightly to Fred's arm and wished George was there. She was actually scared and didn't know what was about to happen. With her free hand, she was holding onto the necklace that George had given her for Christmas as tightly as she could.

Loud hard footsteps could be heard coming down the staircase. Fred and Tris still couldn't see who was coming towards them until he got right up close to them. "Peter Pettigrew?" Tris whispered to herself. A short scraggily man with a horrifying smile, stood in front of Fred and Tris.

"Hand the girl over, and no punishment will be given." Pettigrew said as he fiddled with his wand in his hand. Fred then gripped Tris tightly and made his stance taller. "No." Fred said sternly. "Very well." Pettigrew said. Clouds of black smoke now appeared beside Fred and Tris. Dolohov then took out his wand and cruccioed Fred. Fred dropped to his knees and couldn't fight the curse.

"NO!" Tris yelled as she saw her best friend getting tortured right in front of her. She then ran over to Dolohov and pushed him before he could move out of the way. The wand then flew out of his hands and slid on the floor. The curse released from torturing Fred and he just laid there trying to catch his breath on the cold hard floor of what seemed to be a cellar. Tris was somewhat relieved that the curse didn't last too long for Fred.

Dolohov's face raged with anger. He fixed his suit and walked over to Tris. She backed up as fast as she could but eventually ran into a wall being cornered. Dolohov took this as an opportunity and threw his hand against her throat lifting her off of her feet. She fought but wasn't strong enough to knock him off of her.