my-log: pretty

I'M SITTING ON THE PORCH of the cabin, watching Geun help the staff set up for dinner, while a few of the boys went inside to wash up

I'M SITTING ON THE PORCH of the cabin, watching Geun help the staff set up for dinner, while a few of the boys went inside to wash up. The entire day, he's been having a blast. Playing outside, helping film the boy's EN-O-CLOCK, and enjoying the spring air. It was evening now, and somehow he still wasn't out of energy.

I feel myself smile, watching Geun set the tables with ingredients for a barbecue. He got along well with the workers. I think his presence alone lifted everyone's spirits...

I hear the front door open behind me. Someone takes a seat beside me, setting his phone down on the wood flooring beside him. He also watches Geun help prepare dinner, quietly observing. "...I'm really glad he came today."

I face Niki, who's still watching my little brother. "...Me too..."

Niki finally turns to me, staring at me softly while we listen to Geun talk loudly and happily with the staff. "...You cried earlier when you saw him...Why?"

"...He hasn't been outside like this since last year, before he was first diagnosed...He was always either in the hospital or back at home with me, sick...I guess...I was just really shocked to see him playing so carelessly. I felt relieved."

Niki doesn't respond back, but instead turns back to the front. He leans back on his elbows and sighs. "He's a really good ball player. It annoys me!"

I chuckle. "He used to play in our neighborhood little league." I admit, making him groan.

"Ah, no wonder!"

I smile. I think he still feels my eyes on him, because he turns to me again with an innocent look. "...What's wrong?"

I've never seen Niki with a bare face before. Since he just came out of the shower, his black hair was still damp, and his under eye bags were more prominent than before. Yet he still looked...beautiful.

"...Nothings wrong..." I grin, blinking lightly. "...Thank you for playing with Geun...I know he'll remember that moment for ever."

Niki smiles big, sitting up and bumping shoulders with me. "No need to thank me. I'd do anything for you."

For some reason I feel my heart skip a bit.

"NIKI!"

We look forward to see Geun running to us, skipping up the steps and jumping on Niki's shoulders. "Ms.Nari wants you to come to her tent to get you styled again before we film the next segment!"

"Oh, okay." He laughs, standing up. He looks down at me and waves, his eyes smiling. I wave back and watch him and Geun skip off.

"We should play soccer again!"
"Sure, if you want to lose."
"You can't beat me! I'm sick!"
"You can't use your cancer as an excuse!!"

"Hey, y/n?"

I look behind me to see Sunoo approaching the steps, waving. "I'm ready for you to do my makeup."