Chapter 6

A week later, two days before Lateef's party, Moyo was sitting in class next to Timi. Jason's usual seat was occupied by Moyo, but he had not yet entered the classroom.

Timi and Moyo seem to be getting along well discussing, but Timi did not yet have any romantic feelings for Moyo.

In response to Timi's story, Moyo said "...if it was me, my daddy would've killed me."

The two of them laughed together, and Moyo frequently touched Timi's shoulders or chest while laughing. At first, Timi found this discomforting, but he eventually became used to it. Moyo had been eager to spend time with Timi since they exchanged phone numbers, and she had been thinking about him constantly.

Timi had not developed romantic feelings for Moyo because, in a way, she reminded him of the time he spent with Jason. Although he had not admitted it to himself, he missed Jason.

As soon as Jason entered the classroom, he had a stern expression on his face when he saw Moyo sitting in his usual seat. Moyo expected Jason to simply drop his bag and find a different seat, but instead, he told her to stand up. Timi wanted to tell Moyo to stay, but he did not want to interact with Jason.

Moyo thought that perhaps Timi would follow her and leave, but he remained in his seat. Moyo felt a little disappointed, but realized it could have been worse. The incident only served to deepen her dislike of Jason.

Jason took out a textbook and started reading, and Timi, without thinking, greeted him by saying "Good morning." To Timi's surprise, Jason responded back.

From his seat in SSS2 science class, Malik spanked Chika's behind as he walked into the class, Chika screamed a little.

"Why are you screaming like a girl?" Malik said jokingly.

Chika didn't take offense cause he knew Malik was just teasing him.

Malik told Chika to sit on his lap, so the pain would stop, Chika couldn't help but feel confused, this just spited Olamide who seated beside.

"I'm joking with you" Malik said as Chika just stood in confusion.

Chika finally had his seat behind, Malik got up from his chair and sat along with him.

It appeared to Chika that Malik was flirting with him, and although Chika enjoyed it, he acted like he wasn't in order to avoid suspicion from others.

A teacher entered the classroom, and Malik began to get up to go back to his seat, but Chika asked him to stay.

Malik asked of Tope, Chika said "she's practicing with senior Stephanie and School Mother"

Malik got his stuff and sat with Chika, This made Chika scream on the inside.

Stephanie and Zuriel often taught Tope and other junior girls dances before and after school hours, using the school main hall as a practice space. The practice they were having lasted longer into the first period, and this was allowed sometimes because the dances were being prepared for their upcoming Christmas carol.

Zuriel took advantage of this opportunity to extort from the junior girls, Stephanie turned a blind eye to this behavior.

Stephanie demonstrated a dance step for the girls, saying "so you raise your leg up and down before you go back... Just watch me." She then performed the step, and the girls repeated after her.

Tope was the only one who got it right on first try because she was a quick learner. Stephanie realized that the second period was almost over and dismissed the girls, but Zuriel kept them waiting. Stephanie left for her next class, while Zuriel remained with the girls.

Stephanie quietly entered the classroom, trying not to disturb the ongoing lesson or draw attention to herself. She took her seat towards the back of the room, glancing around at the other students as she does so.

As she settled into her seat, she noticed Beamer a row back, sitting alone. Beamer seemed to notice Stephanie as well, because he quickly stood up and made his way over to her. He greeted Stephanie with a smile and asked if he can sit next to her. Stephanie agreed, and the two of them sat next to each other.

Beamer seemed pleased to be sitting next to Stephanie and made small talk with her as the lesson continued.

"Where's Zuriel?" He whispered.

Stephanie jokingly responded by saying that she was probably extorting money from the junior students. The two of them laughed at the comment, but they both know that it was true.

"Before you came, Lekan and Lateef almost fought with the teacher, it was mad, I wish you were here, we begged them to calm down before Mrs Jeffrey came, cause they'd have gotten in serious trouble" Beamer filled her on what she missed.

Stephanie and Beamer continued to whisper to each other, they caused a disturbance in the classroom. The teacher told them to stop making noise, and they quickly placed their hands on their books, pretending to be taking notes. Despite this show of compliance, the two of them continued to whisper quietly to each other, trying not to draw too much attention to themselves.

Jason and Timi had not had any further interactions or conversations since exchanging greetings in the morning.

Around short break, members of the school's sports team usually had training sessions.

Most of the team members were
absent on the field, Jason and Timi arrived late and had little time to train with some team members. Zino repeatedly shouted at Timi to pass the ball to Jason, but Timi ignored him until Beamer tackled him and took the ball.

The tension between Jason and Timi became more noticeable, and as a result, Zino decided to bench both of them. Jason walked away to attend his next class, and Zino became angry that he left without saying anything. Zino took out his frustration on Timi, telling him that they needed to resolve their issues or risk getting kicked off the team. Although this was an empty threat, as both Jason and Timi were star players, Timi was still wary of angering Zino.