The green eyed monster

(Y/N POV)

Last night wasn't the night. I decided to make today all about getting back at Sun. I began to realize that we were only talking about Sun, I wondering how Moon was about all of this. But I guess it's not my job to care. Why would I want someone back who would lose my that quickly.

Today I made it my job to look better than yesterday, but I made sure to not overdue it, just make myself look perfect. 

When I made it to work, Jay was waiting for me by the door. I noticed quickly he was checking me out. It was gross, but I guess I would've checked me out too.

"You look amazing tonight. Who are you coming to work looking all good for?"

"Myself.."

He laughed as if he was waiting for me to change my answer. I didn't.

"Well, you can leave the day care alone tonight. I already checked on everything. Mrs. Petal really must not like you, she is just like that"

"I gotta give Sun back something he left at my place. I won't be long though."

Jay gave me a weird look, like the type of look a teacher would give you when they knew you we're lying. 

"Alright.. I guess I will get to work. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah.. see you tomorrow. In fact, want to come over after your shift? You can leave early."

"Maybe... I'll text you and let you know Jay"

He looked a little pissed, and left without a goodbye, but I really don't care about his drama right now. I had bigger things to worry about I guess. I tended to the usual things I had to do, thinking about the right things to do or say. And, I was giving Sun back something, his stupid little doll he gave me, and I'm getting mine back. To think, I really thought he was being sweet. A part of me felt bad for making him the villain so much, but he was. I just don't understand it. 

I finished my final task, and that's when the real anxiety hit. I didn't really want to face either of them, but I would have to do it sooner or later. I felt like I was going to throw up the closer and closer I got to the day care, but even if it was bad, I could just leave and never come back. At least, that's what I kept telling myself. 

I got to the doors of the daycare, and it made me sad that this wasn't the first time I had felt unwelcomed here. I took a few deep breaths, I wanted to just surrender and mind my business, but I guess this was my business, and I am sure Mrs. Petal had heard my breath by now. 

I put my ear to the door to see what they were talking about. Mrs. Petal was talking to Sun about all the cute kids from the day, and Sun was laughing with her. Hearing his voice felt like a knife being stabbed into my stomach.

"Hey, Moon is really screaming to come out. Can we let him out, just for a little?"

"No, not tonight Sun Flower, you know the rules, he only comes out during nap time."

"Fine.."

That bitch. I am sure Moon was hating this, and Sun probably hated all the noises. Too bad. I took all the confidence I had, and swung open the door. They both turned there heads to look at me. Sun hid behind her, with his rays dropping. 

"I thought I told you we didn't need you here." she said, trying to scare me I guess.

I didn't respond, I just walked towards Sun, with his doll in my hands. 

"What do you think you're doing, you're not welcomed here."

"Yeah, well that's not the first time, and if I am being honest, I really don't care."

She blocked me from getting to Sun, and tried to push me back.

"Look what you've done to Sun, his rays are all drooped over. He was happy before you came here, this is your fault, and I'm going to have to clean up your mess"

I didn't even look at her. I just took Sun's doll and threw it at him.

"Give me mine back, Sun. Now"

"He doesn't have to listen to you, skank."

"No one is talking to you, Mrs. Petal, but I truly believe Sun is able to speak for himself. If he won't give me back what's mine, I can find it myself, but I don't think you would like that very much."

I guess that broke her, because she lost it after that.

"I know everything that happened with you and my Sundrop, and if you really don't want me to tell Jay, I would leave. Now."

Me and her went at it for awhile, and eventually were screaming at each other, until it was broken by Sun screaming at us. 

"STOP! IT'S TOO LOUD, TOO LOUD!"

He was covering his ears, with my rainbow doll hanging from one of his fingers. Of course Mrs. Petals went straight to him and sat next to him.

"Oh my sweet Sun, I am so sorry, I was just trying to protect you."

He looked up at me with sad behind his eyes, and slid my doll across the floor. I picked it up and held eye contact. 

"I think you should leave, Y/N, I want to be with Mrs. Petals now."

I didn't know my heart could break more than it already had, but that hurt more than anything else that happened. I walked out and felt jealousy overcome my body. It was the worst feeling, because it was a mixture of all the worst feelings. Anger, sadness, disappointment, and really everything. What made her better than me?

I did want to leave early tonight. Maybe being with Jay was a good idea. I got my phone out and texted him.

"I'm stopping by. Send your address."

"453 Kings Court"

"Locking up then I'll be on the way. Stopping at the liquor store. What do you want?"