☀︎︎ 𝟸𝟼 ☀︎︎

How's everyone liking this new layout I got going on? I changed the book cover (for the 3rd time), and my profile and I quite like it!
I apologize for my late update, but I hope this chapter can make up for it. Like I've said before, I go through things too and my life gets in the way of my author life yk? Anyway, enjoy and don't forget to vote!! :)
~

 Like I've said before, I go through things too and my life gets in the way of my author life yk? Anyway, enjoy and don't forget to vote!! :)~

~

"What do you mean you can't come!?" A woman's voice screeched from across the phone.

Namjoon quickly moved the device away from his ear, scrunching his face at the obnoxious noise.

He knew his sister wouldn't take the news well, it's not like he's happy about it either. This would probably be his only chance to be with his sister for her special baby shower that he had been planning for her.

"Jia, I know but I'm not able to do anything about it." he sounded calm, not wanting to make his sister angrier than she already was.

Jia was Namjoon's older sister. She was only a year older than him, but that never stopped her from teasing him about it. They were pretty close, they always had been until Namjoon left home to pursue his dream of being an idol. She supported him every step of the way, even if she wasn't with him. So for him to not be able to go to one of her special days, she felt sad about it.

"Why can't you just not go!?" her voice became strained, but she still managed to yell at him.

"You know I can't cancel a conference meeting." Namjoon stayed calm, even though we was growing irritated from her questioning.

"You act as you've never done it before. It didn't stop you when you broke your arm." she sassed back, making Namjoon scoff.

"I broke my arm, Jia. What did you expect me to do? Go there with my bone sticking out?" he rolled his eyes, knowing she wouldn't be able to see it.

"Don't get all sassy with me, Joon. I can hear that eye roll from miles away." She continued to scold him for not coming. He just let her talk for the time being until she was done mouthing him off.

"You better make up for this." she suddenly said.

"I will don't worry." he assured her, how could he not?

"Bye Joonie." she said more gently than before. He said his fair well, his sister hanging up a second after.

Namjoon set his phone down on his kitchen table, standing up from the chair he once sat in. He paced back and forth from his kitchen to his living room, running his hand through his hair a few times.