Prologue: When a Flower of Hope Perseveres

"Did you hear? It's that girl who fell in love with a North Korean communist."

"I heard that she even helped those dastardly North Koreans with the whole situation."

"How dare she even show her face around her."

"Isn't she supposed to be the daughter of the former ANSP directer Eun Chang-su?"

Those were the things she heard when she finally found the strength to walk the streets once again and she found herself in front of a very familiar cafe: Rome Coffee Shop. Eun Yeong Ro was unfortunate enough to enter the cafe when there were people, the last time she was here, she was breaking down to a tape that her first love left behind, his voice resounding in her ears. It had only been a few days since Soo Ho's death and every day it felt like she was dying a little more inside. Yeong Ro really felt like a part of her heart died with him and there was nothing she could do to get it back. Little did she know that someday, it will be given back to her, and Yeong Ro will bloom again. 

"You must live, no matter how hard it gets, you must live... ok?"

"Soo Ho-ssi... you jerk... how could you have asked that of me? I made my choice when I came back for you.... why did you leave me?" Yeong Ro whispered as she sat down in the cafe and brought up her hands to wipe the tears that were threatening to spill from her face. She could tell that the other patrons of the cafe were looking at her in contempt and fear that Yeong Ro was defective. However, she didn't pay them any mind as Yeong Ro looked around the cafe and looked at the small little stage in the corner in the event that someone wanted to perform. 

"I would come to this cafe every single day just to hear you sing.... I'd love to hear you sing one day...:

Yeong Ro stared at the stage for a few more moments and closed her eyes, just imagining Soo Ho sitting there, guitar in hand, looking at her lovingly and singing his heart out. It was one of the many scenes that appeared in her dreams as well as their first kiss, their conversation about him leaving in nine days, and his death. His death was the most frequent thought in her mind and Yeong Ro couldn't will herself to sleep because of it. However, the gentle scene of them being alone in the shop and him singing to her was one she cherished a lot. 

"I would love to sing songs of wind, flowers, and love to the people I love one day..."

Yeong Ro smiled tearfully at the thought and she suddenly had an idea. She reached into her bag and took out a small notebook and she started to think about their love story and how they were meant to be despite being star crossed. Then, she started to write down lyrics to a song for Soo Ho. Perhaps it was a way to vent out her feelings, to cope with her devastating loss, but all Yeong Ro knew in that moment was that she wanted him to hear her sing for him. 

Maybe it's because you're sad when you smile

My heart is empty because I don't know everything

If you suddenly come back to me again

I'm going to write a letter here