Tonight?

I walked out of Camilo's room with a smile on my face. What was he planning for tonight? My thoughts were interrupted when I saw Dolores running up to her room, covering her mouth. Her mother followed quickly behind her.

"Mija, whats wrong?" Pepa called concernedly. Dolores ran into her room, locking it behind her. Pepa stood outside and knocked for a second before letting out an exasperated scream.

"Félix, she's in her room again! She won't tell me anything!" She said angrily while turning around. I had no where to hide. She spotted me and walked right over to me, narrowing her eyes a little when she realized what I was wearing.

"Is there a reason Dolores has been acting so strange lately? She won't talk to any of us and I know about that little sleepover you all had. Did something happen?" Pepa questioned.

I grabbed the end of my sleeve and tried my best to muster up my blankest face before saying,

"I have no idea. I'm sorry." With a small shake of my head. Pepa sighed and thanked me for my honesty. She aggressively began walking down the stairs. Gusts of wind following her.

That was a little bit terrifying. Keeping this secret was becoming increasingly hard, this family was noisy. I tried to push the thought away as I made my way into Mirabels room.

As I glared down at Mirabels sitting position she gave me an awkward smile and a prolonged shrug of her shoulders.

"Mirabel you totally left me back there!" I said while crossing my arms. She stood up.

"Okay yes yes you're right. But I'm really really sorry! Tía Pepa honestly terrifies me! And plus, who am I to stand in the way of a woman and her future daughter in law?" Mirabel says with a cheeky smile.

I roll my eyes and laugh a little.

"Besides, something obviously went well. Camilo's clothes?" She prods.

I think back to Camilo asking me to sneak out with him tonight and break into a smile, "I guess you could say that..."

She gives me a knowing look and closes her eyes before falling back on her bed.

"I was thinking about what you said awhile back." Mirabel said slowly.

"What would that be?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"About how you came here to learn more about your powers." She responds, peeking her head up at me to watch my reaction. I almost forgot to be honest. I'd been blinded by the overwhelming happiness I've felt while I was here.

"Yeah," I responded blinking slowly, "Why do you bring that up?" I say, then begin to chew the inside corners of my mouth in nervousness. Was she going to ask if I was dangerous? Had I over stayed my welcome? Where was this conversation going?

She looked at me and choose her words carefully before saying,

"I talked to my Tío Bruno about you. He offered to help you train. He told me he's been afraid of his abilities before and he knows the importance of gaining control of them. I thought- well that you would want to learn more about it. Your powers that is." She watched my expression closely.

"That's so kind of you Mirabel..." I look to the floor for a second. This is what I came here to do, what my goal was even before I stumbled on this place. So why was I hesitant, scared even? Maybe I wasn't ready, or maybe I feared I'd never truly be ready.

"I think... I think I want to do it." I said meeting her eyes. She gave me a bittersweet smile while standing up to walk over to me. She put a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"I'll talk to him today to arrange a time for tomorrow. He's super nice, I promise."

I nod and she tilts her head with a smile before walking out of the room. Leaving me all alone.

For awhile I laid on my bed and fidgeted with Camilo's Ruana. The soft woven material calmed me down as I thought about everything. I had been wanting this for so long that I didn't even begin to question how I'd respond if it happened. I was going to learn more about my powers. I closed my eyes as my shoulders relaxed.

I was woken up by a gentle shake. Did I really fall asleep? I opened my eyes to see the outline of a little boy by my bedside.

"Charlie?" I croaked, my voice hitching. (**the most suggested name for Y/Ns little brother was Charlie**)

"Charlie? It's Antonio... I'm sorry to wake you, I just wanted to bring you some food since you missed dinner." He said in a whisper, his confusion evident.

I rubbed my eyes, as they adjusted to the light I confirmed it was Antonio.

"Uh yeah sorry, thank you." I responded rubbing my forehead with my palm. Antonio looked at me for a second, eyes squinted.  He placed the plate he'd brought down on my bed then took a step towards the door before letting curiosity get the better of him. He turned around to face me and awkwardly grabbed his arm.

"Who's Charlie?" He asked, I could see only the outline of his features in the dark room and his lips pressed in a line.

I didn't know how to respond, but their was no point in lying.

"He was my little brother." I answered blankly.

"Was?" He squeezed his arm tightly. I gave him a weak smile, answering his question indirectly.

Before he could apologize I told him it was okay. I could tell he felt extremely bad for asking and my silence triggered him to head towards the door. As he opened it to leave I inhaled and spoke,

"You remind me of him. He was a good kid, just like you." My tone was bittersweet.

Antonio beamed at me, "I wish I could've met him."

"I wish you could've too." I spoke as he closed the door behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone!! Super short chapter but it's because I'll have the next one out pretty soon. (Not today but soon) Thank you for all being so patient. Hopefully you like this chapter even though it was to help move along the plot! Have a great night everyone!