15 - Corrupted

Leo

Leo

As one, all our blackmail-addicted heads turn. To stare right at Carina Darktale, who's gone paler than Scorpio. And that's saying something. She doesn't speak, a defiant look in her eye as she stares down Hydrus.

"Because I'm not exactly sure," Hydrus continues with a smirk. "Ah, what is it again? Yes, you're half corrupted angel. Too noticeable for you to not know. And the other half isn't exactly human either."

Carina doesn't so much as flinch. I'm not surprised either. She always had that vibe around her that wasn't right. But corrupted angel. Corrupted by evil energy, they top the charts of the powerful Ethereals.

"Quarter demon."

A small smile flickers around Carina's mouth. A challenging, dangerous one. I almost want to yank her back like Taurus did to Caprice but come on. Who isn't scared of Carina, at least a little bit?

"And the other quarter ... I doubt you've told anyone."

Carina's smile doesn't waver as she shoots a look at Scorpio, who winces. Pisces glances at Aquaria, who has nearly the same look on her face as Carina. A challenging smirk.

"Quarter succubus."

Leilani nearly faints, again. Gemi's eyes widen. Sagittaria gasps. That would be second most powerful, and definitely most infamous for their ruthlessness and tendency to be born psychopaths.

"That all you got?" Carina asks, baring her teeth in a wider grin. I'm thinking she's insane. Wonder if that drove her over the edge.

Hydrus looks surprised. That's a pretty dangerous secret to expose. Succu/incubuses are hated almost everywhere.

"Y-your offer is accepted," says Pisces, worrying at his lower lip. It occurs to me that we all have secrets to keep here.

Aquaria leans forward and touches Carina's shoulder. Loud enough for everyone to hear, she says, "Hold it, Darktale. You want to rip his eyeballs out, and I hate to be the logical one here, but not yet. I want to try too." She shoots Hydrus an incinerating glare, narrowing her amethyst eyes to dangerous slits.

She's protecting the Darktales. She knows by supporting and acknowledging Carina, she's supporting her mortal enemy, and she doesn't care. She doesn't have anything to gain for it, her secret was exposed four years ago.

Carina smiles and whispers something in Aquaria's ear. Aquaria glances back at Scorpio and meets his gaze for a few seconds.

"You guys can hate each other," Carina says, "you can love each other, I could care less and I know that's hard to believe 'cause I'm that nosy. But can we just work together temporarily?"

Taurus throws an easily avoidable punch at my face. I step away and grab his arm, twist it out of the way as I kick his legs out from under him. He lands with a thud.